Check out the latest episode of The Show Before the Show, MiLB.com's official podcast. A segment rundown is listed below, in case you want to skip to a particular section. Like the podcast? Subscribe, rate and review The Show Before the Show on iTunes. Send your questions and feedback to email@example.com. You can follow hosts Tyler Maun (@TylerMaun) and Sam Dykstra (@SamDykstraMiLB) on Twitter.
Three Strikes (3:50)
- Tyler and Sam start off the latest podcast with a discussion on Sam's piece on American League East rookies as part of MiLB.com's six-part Prospect Projections series. Yankees catcher Gary Sanchez looks like he should be ready to hit the big time, but can friend of the podcast Blake Snell live up to his hope of being an All-Star as early as this season?
- The guys turn to Tyler's Q&A with Rockies No. 3 prospect David Dahl, and Tyler talks about what the 21-year-old said about having his spleen removed, where he stayed during rehab and the camaraderie among Rockies prospects.
- Tyler and Sam end the opening segment by doing a lightning-round game of This or That involving the following prospect matchups: Trea Turner vs. Orlando Arcia, Byron Buxton vs. Corey Seager and Tyler O'Neill vs. Boog Powell.
Andy McKay interview (28:29)
- The Mariners hired former Rockies mental-skills coach Andy McKay to be their director of player development this offseason. McKay joined the show to talk about his background in the mental aspects of the game, the state of the Mariners farm system and how he views winning to be an important part of player development.
Ben's Biz Banter (45:30)
- MiLB.com's Benjamin Hill joins for his weekly podcast to discuss Hartford's season-opening road trip, how you can become a part-owner of an Australian baseball team and what he would do with his own Minor League club had he won this week's Powerball drawing. (Spoiler alert: he did not.)
Wrapping up (1:00:25)