With Durham Bulls Opening Day 49 days away, the team's annual Fan Fest will kick off the 2016 campaign at Durham Bulls Athletic Park on Friday, March 4 and Saturday, March 5 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. each day. The event serves as the opening day of ticket sales, giving fans their first opportunity to purchase single-game tickets in person at the ballpark.
At Fan Fest, fans will have access to one of Minor League Baseball's most iconic stadiums, as they will have the opportunity to take batting practice and play catch in the outfield. Additionally fans will be able to purchase single-game tickets, including Opening Day, Star Wars Night and Fourth of July, at the DBAP's Frontier Communications Ticket Office for the first time in 2016. By purchasing a ticket to any 2016 game at Fan Fest, fans will receive a free hot dog and soda at the event.
Other events scheduled for Fan Fest include:
- Wool E. Bull posing for pictures and signing autographs
- A Yard Sale at the Ballpark Corner Store, with select merchandise marked down as much as 50 percent, and other select merchandise selling for under $5
- Bull Durham Brewery tours
- Select-a-Seat event featuring available seats for season ticket and mini plan seat locations
- Wool E. World, the children's playground, will be open for the duration of the event
Fans eager to secure tickets for Opening Day on April 7 can do so in an exclusive online pre-sale beginning at 9 a.m. on Friday, February 26. From Monday, February 29 through Thursday, March 3, single game tickets for the remainder of the regular season will be available in a separate online pre-sale, as fans who have signed up for the Bulls' email newsletter will get an exclusive code to purchase tickets before they are made available to the public at Fan Fest.