Check out the latest episode of The Show Before the Show, MiLB.com's official podcast. A segment rundown is listed below, in case you want to skip to a particular section. Like the podcast? Subscribe, rate and review The Show Before the Show on iTunes. Send your questions and feedback to email@example.com. You can follow hosts Tyler Maun (@TylerMaun) and Sam Dykstra (@SamDykstraMiLB) on Twitter.
Three Strikes (2:48)
- With pitchers and catchers reporting to Spring Training this week, Tyler and Sam talk about what they believe will be the most exciting pitcher-catcher combinations this season in the Minor Leagues.
- Speaking of backstops, the guys turn their attention to the Brewers' trade involving catcher Jacob Nottingham. Milwaukee marks Nottingham's third organization in the last year, so our two hosts talk about what that means in terms of his perception.
- Baseball America and ESPN's Keith Law each came out with their own top-100 prospect lists over the last week. Tyler and Sam compare those lists with the other major ones already released and dish on their biggest top-100 surprises.
Willson Contreras interview (25:32)
- Cubs prospect Willson Contreras was one of the breakout stars of the 2015 season after he hit .333/.413/.478 for Double-A Tennessee and was recently named the top catching prospect in the game by MLB.com. He joined the show to talk about what went into that big season, the state of baseball in his native Venezuela and what he needs to do to make an impact on an exciting Cubs Major League roster.
Ben's Biz Banter (35:17)
- MiLB.com's Benjamin Hill joins for his weekly podcast segment to discuss the Great Lakes Loons' new look, the Omaha Storm Chasers' Four Day Frenzy and the Bowling Green Hot Rods' plans to become the Bootleggers for one day.
Wrapping up (49:04)