Check out the latest episode of The Show Before the Show, MiLB.com's official podcast. A segment rundown is listed below, in case you want to skip to a particular section. Like the podcast? Subscribe, rate and review The Show Before the Show on iTunes. Send your questions and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can follow hosts Tyler Maun (@TylerMaun) and Sam Dykstra (@SamDykstraMiLB) on Twitter.
Three Strikes (3:45)
- Tyler and Sam open the show by each picking one prospect who could surprise everyone by cracking his organization's Major League Opening Day roster.
- Sam uses the Second Strike to break down his Farm System rankings opener that focused exclusively on organizations with the best groups of postion player prospects.
- Tyler closes out the opening segment by going a little more in-depth about his most recent story for MiLB.com -- the tale of the Eastern League's visit to the USSR back in 1989, just before the fall of the Berlin Wall.
Kyle Zimmer interview (28:34)
- Royals top pitching prospect Kyle Zimmer calls into The Show Before the Show and talks about what it's like to be in Royals camp after the club won the World Series, his work to overcome his injury history, his preference on starting vs. relieving and whether he thinks he or his brother Bradley, a top-100 prospect in his own right in the Indians system, is a better player.
Ben's Biz Banter (40:55)
- MiLB.com's Benjamin Hill joins for his weekly podcast segment to discuss Triple-A Fresno's upcoming "Taco Tuesday" promotion, one Canadian fan's international trade of poutine for Fresno Tacos gear and his story on a Vermont man who is attempting to document every Minor League no-hitter ever thrown.
Wrapping up (54:42)