San Bernardino, CA - The Inland Empire 66ers released their 2017 schedule on Wednesday, which will feature the club opening at home against the San Jose Giants on Thursday, April 6th. It is the second consecutive year that the Sixers will open their home slate against San Francisco's California League affiliate. Following the season-opening four game series Inland Empire will take on their I-10 Rivals the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes for a three games series to wrap up the homestand.
Following the first two series the 66ers will take to the road for a three game series against the Visalia Rawhide before returning home to take on the Lake Elsinore Storm. Prior to ending the season in Lancaster the home schedule concludes with the 66ers taking on the San Jose Giants in a three game series (August 29-31).
Highlights of the 2017 regular season schedule include:
- (April 6-April 12): The 66ers open the 2017 season at home and the second time in a row they will start their home schedule against the Giants.
- (June 18): The Sunday contest against the Modesto Nuts will be the first Father's Day game for Inland Empire since 2009.
- (July 4): Marks the seventh consecutive season that the 66ers will host a 4th of July game.
- (July 7-10, 28-30, August 11-13): The I-10 Rivalry takes center stage on prime nights when the 66ers host the Quakes for three weekend series during the months of July and August.
- (August 29-31): The home schedule comes to an end just like it began when the 66ers take on the California League affiliate of the San Francisco Giants, San Jose.
The 66ers are now taking deposits on 2017 season ticket holder memberships. Fans can reserve the best seats in the house by calling the ticket office at 909-495-7616. The full schedule can be downloaded online at 66ers.com. For additional information, call the front office at 909-888-9922.
About the Inland Empire 66ers
The Inland Empire 66ers are the California League Affiliate of the Los Angeles Angels and play their home games at San Manuel Stadium. The club is one of eight Elmore Sports Group owned franchises and one the six Minor League Baseball clubs in the group. Other Elmore Sports Group baseball franchises include the Colorado Springs Sky Sox (Pacific Coast League), The San Antonio Missions (Texas League), Lynchburg Hillcats (Carolina League), Eugene Emeralds (Northwest League), and the Idaho Fall Chuckars (Pioneer League). The 66ers franchise will play their 30th season in San Bernardino during the 2017 season which starts on Thursday, April 6th.