MONTGOMERY, Ala.- The Montgomery Biscuits announced its 2017 Promotional Schedule today, highlighting some of the new events taking place at Riverwalk Stadium during the 2017 season.
The Biscuits are bringing back five MASSIVE MAX Firework shows in 2017 in addition to 15 MAX Fireworks Shows. "The response to the MASSIVE MAX Fireworks shows in 2016 was astounding, we're happy to partner with MAX Credit Union to bring these fan favorite shows back to Montgomery," Biscuits Owner, Sherrie Myers, said.
Many fan favorite promotions return for the 2017 such as "Superheroes Night", "Star Wars Night", "Family Faith Night presented by Faith Radio", and "Montgomery Advertiser Autograph Day".
The Biscuits are also returning several promotions aimed at giving back to the community including "Military Appreciation Night", "Public Safety Appreciation Night", "Autism and Disability Friendly Night supporting Easter Seals of Central Alabama", and "Charities Night featuring the River Region United Way Jersey Auction".
Wednesday Food Fests return for the 2017 season allowing fans to experience custom culinary creations at Riverwalk Stadium. New fests for 2017 include "Southern Food Fest", "Crawfish Boil", and "Thanksgiving Fest". The eight Wednesday Foods Fests will wrap up with Fan Vote Food Fest on August 30, the last home game of the Biscuits' 2017 season.
Riverwalk Stadium turns upside down on July 7 for a "Stranger Things Fright Night" with themed jerseys that will be auctioned off for charity. This night is a part of the "Holiday Homestand", one of the many themed homestands in 2017:
- The "Geek"end kicks off on May 18 with a retro themed "Arcade Night" on Thirsty Thursday followed by "Social Media Night" on May 19. The "Geek"end concludes with "Superheroes Night" and a MASSIVE MAX Fireworks show on Saturday, May 20 where the comic book pages will come to life.
- Country Weekend begins on June 1 with a Country themed Thirsty Thursday. On June 2, the Biscuits will recognize the hard-working agricultural sector with "Salute to Alabama Agriculture Night". Country Weekend wraps up with the Biscuits paying homage to a Montgomery legend with "Hank Williams Night" on June 3.
- "Princess and Pirate Night" with MAX Fireworks kicks off Fantasy Weekend on Friday, June 9 where princesses and buccaneers can gather for a royal night of fun. New for 2017, "Harry Potter Night" with MASSIVE MAX Fireworks is on June 10 where Riverwalk Stadium will become entrenched in the magical world of Harry Potter.
- The Biscuits' Independence Day game with MAX Fireworks kicks off a Holiday Homestand Celebration. The Wednesday "Thanksgiving Food Fest" will feature November traditions followed by a "Holiday Thirsty Thursday Pub Crawl" celebrating smaller holidays. Bring your trick or treat bag on July 7 for "Stranger Things Fright Night" and your Santa hat on July 8 for "Christmas in July" with MAX Fireworks.
- The Biscuits will celebrate College Spirit Weekend August 24-26. "Greek Night" kicks off the weekend on Thursday, August 24. Friday, August 25 will be the return of "River Region College Night" with MAX Fireworks highlighting local universities such as Alabama State, AUM, Troy, and more. College Spirit Weekend wraps up with "Auburn/Alabama Night presented by WLWI and 95.1 The Fox" with MASSIVE MAX Fireworks to get Montgomery pumped up for the college football season.
"We do research to understand our customer's needs and interests," Biscuits General Manager, Scott Trible said. "We're excited for our 2017 promotions and hope our fans will be as well."
The Biscuits will begin taking reservations for groups of 20 or more for the 2017 season on Tuesday, September 27. If you or your group is interested in attending one or more of these events, you can contact the Biscuits front office at (334) 323-2255 or visit www.biscuitsbaseball.com.
The Montgomery Biscuits, class AA affiliate of the Tampa Bay Rays is a Minor League Baseball member of the Southern League. 2017 will be the Biscuit's fourteenth season of operation at Riverwalk Stadium, the centerpiece of Downtown Montgomery, AL located at 200 Coosa Street. The multi-purpose facility hosts all 70 home games in addition to other events through the entire calendar year. For tickets or more information, please call 334-323-2255 or visit the Biscuits online at BiscuitsBaseball.com.