FRISCO, Texas (Feb. 28, 2017) - Got any space for Nomar Mazara on your desk? Well, make some. If not for him, at least for his bobblehead!
The current Texas Rangers fan favorite is being immortalized as a bouncy-headed collectible as part of a season-long slate of giveaways from the Frisco RoughRiders. Giveaways are set for 27 home dates this season at Dr Pepper Ballpark, including 22 weekend games.
Nomar Mazara Bobblehead Night is Saturday, July 1 for the first 1,500 fans attending the Riders' series opener against the Tulsa Drillers.
Bobblehead giveaways wouldn't be complete without two commemorating the Riders' "Ambassador of Fun" Michael Gruber, aka Grubes, aka @tweetgrubes on Thirsty Thursdays. The first 500 lucky fans on Thursday, July 20 can get their hands on a Centaur Grubes bobblehead. Then on Thursday, Aug. 17 the first 500 fans take home a Grubes Riding a Unicorn version.
The Mazara bobblehead features the player in his RoughRiders uniform, commerating his time with the Rangers' Double-A affiliate. Mazara played in 135 games for the RoughRiders during the 2014-15 seasons before bursting on the Major League scene with the Rangers last year. The outfielder hit .287, with 16 home runs and 72 RBI in parts of two seasons with the Riders.
The first freebie arrives Opening Day on Thursday, April 6, with schedule magnets for the first 2,000 fans. Other highlights include beer steins for the first 1,500 fans on Saturday, Aug. 5, coinciding with AUG-Toberfest at the Ballpark; 1,000 Dr Pepper Ballpark stadium replicas on Saturday, April 22; and Riders bucket hats for 1,500 on Friday, July 21 as part of Tribute to Gilligan's Island Night.
2017 Giveaway Schedule
- Thursday, April 6: 2017 Schedule Magnets (first 2,000 fans)
- Saturday, April 8: 2017 Riders Season T-Shirt (first 1,500 fans)
- Sunday, April 9: 2017 Schedule Posters (first 2,000 fans)
- Saturday, April 22: Dr Pepper Ballpark Stadium Replica Giveaway (first 1,000)
- Sunday, April 23: Bark In The Park #1 Dog Item (first 500 dogs)
- Friday, May 5: Los Jinetes T-Shirt (first 1,500 fans)
- Friday, May 19: Kids Princess Wands & Eye Patches (first 1,000 kids 12 & under)
- Saturday, May 20: Military T-Shirt (first 1,500 fans)
- Sunday, May 21: Riders Cat Bandana (first 200 cats)
- Friday, June 2: Riders Strikeout Cancer Wristband (first 2,000 fans)
- Saturday, June 3: Riders Strikeout Cancer Wristband (first 2,000 fans)
- Sunday, June 4: Riders Strikeout Cancer Wristband (first 2,000 fans)
- Sunday, June 18: Father's Day Riders Bowtie (first 1,000 men 18+)
- Monday, June 19: Bark In The Park #2 Dog Item (first 500 dogs)
- Tuesday, June 27: All-Star Game Giveaway - To Be Announced
- Saturday, July 1: Nomar Mazara Bobblehead (first 1,500 fans)
- Sunday, July 2: RoughRiders Toy Truck (first 1,000 kids 12 & under)
- Thursday, July 20: Grubes Centaur Bobblehead (first 500 fans)
- Friday, July 21: Riders Bucket Hat (first 1,500 fans)
- Sunday, July 23: Riders Wristbands (first 1,000 kids 12 & under)
- Saturday, Aug. 5: Riders AUG-Toberfest Stein (first 1,500 fans)
- Sunday, Aug. 6: Whataburger Art Contest Baseball (first 500 kids 12 & under)
- Thursday, Aug. 17: Grubes Riding A Unicorn Bobblehead (first 500 fans)
- Friday, Aug. 18: RoughRiders Mini Football Helmet (first 1,000 fans)
- Saturday, Aug. 19: Back To School Backpacks (first 1,000 kids 12 & under)
- Wednesday, Aug. 30: Bark In The Park #3 Dog Item (first 500 dogs)
- Saturday, Sept. 2: RoughRiders Football (first 1,000 fans)
Tickets for these giveaway nights, Opening Day, the Texas League All-Star Game (June 27) and all 70 regular-season home games are available Friday, March 3, the same day baseball returns to Dr Pepper Ballpark with the Frisco College Baseball Classic. Tickets for the Frisco Classic (March 3-5), featuring Arizona, Arkansas, Nebraska and Oklahoma State are on sale now. A special Frisco Classic & RoughRiders 4 Pack includes four Frisco Classic Tickets, four RoughRiders Flex Tickets and four RoughRiders souvenirs for only $99.
For information on single-game tickets, season tickets and other ticket packages visit RidersBaseball.com, call (972) 731-9200 or stop by the RoughRiders Ticket Office.
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 12 seasons (2005-2016). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg and Scott Sonju. The new ownership group, together with the city of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise improvements over the past two seasons, investing more than $7 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a new state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store, and the newest and biggest creation, the 174-foot Choctaw Lazy River. The upgrades made prior to the 2015 season earned the Riders and the City of Frisco "Best Ballpark Renovation" of 2015 by Ballpark Digest. The same publication also honored the Choctaw Lazy River as the best ballpark improvement over $1 million for the 2016 season. More than 140 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler, and Nelson Cruz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Rougned Odor, and Nomar Mazara. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Art Garcia at AGarcia@RidersBaseball.com or Ryan Rouillard at RRouillard@RidersBaseball.com.