LANSING, Mich. - Attention all fans of baseball, LAFCU fireworks, free giveaways, craft beer, Jimmy Buffett, Harry Potter, great food, classic cars and more: Starting Monday morning, all Lansing Lugnuts single game tickets will be on sale!
"From a Memorial Day barbecue to playing catch on the field on Father's Day to 4th of July LAFCU Fireworks, Monday is the first chance for fans to buy tickets to the games of their choice," said Lugnuts general manager Nick Grueser. "We have an exciting summer in store, with a brand new field, a block party and huge surprises waiting to be unveiled."
Tickets may be purchased in person at the Cooley Law School Stadium box office, online at lansinglugnuts.com or via (517) 485-4500 starting 10:00 a.m. on Monday.
Buy your tickets as soon as possible for the 11th annual Crosstown Showdown presented by Auto-Owners Insurance against the Michigan State Spartans on September 5th. Tickets cost $10 apiece until the end of April. Each month afterward, the ticket price increases, to $11 in May, $12 in June, $13 in July, $14 in August and $15 in September. The exhibition features a pregame Home Run Derby, $2 soda/beer specials and a commemorative giveaway presented by Auto-Owners Insurance for the first 2,000 fans.
The franchise's 22nd Midwest League season begins with an Opening Day Block Party on Saturday, April 8th, closing down Michigan Avenue between Larch and Cedar Streets. The event is open to the public beginning at 3 p.m., with the 2017 Lansing Lugnuts officially introduced, plus autographs, interactive games, roaming entertainment, a Battle of the Drum Lines among local Lansing high schools, and live music from Global Village leading up to the 6:05 p.m. first pitch. The first 1,000 fans in attendance to the game will additionally receive a Lugnuts Trapper Hat courtesy of Auto-Owners Insurance. LAFCU Fireworks follow the game, the first of 17 LAFCU Fireworks Spectaculars throughout the summer.
New for 2017: Every Monday at Cooley Law School Stadium is a Dog Day of Summer -enjoy the game with your whole family by bringing your dog to the ballpark!
Dollar Deal Days return for Tuesday home games, providing the value of $1 hot dogs, $1 ice cream sandwiches and $1 16-oz. fountain drinks. Every Wednesday home game is a Winning Wednesday - a Lugnuts win guarantees that your ticket stub can be used for another Lugnuts game! And Thursdays are Labatt Thirsty Thursdays, with $2 beers/soda specials and half off craft brews.
Other huge days at the ballpark this summer include:
- Friday, May 5th: The Clown Prince of Baseball, Myron Noodleman, returns to Cooley Law School Stadium on Grand Slam School Night, followed by LAFCU Fireworks.
- Monday, May 29th: A Memorial Day Barbecue, featuring delicious barbecue specials, plus Dog Days at the Ballpark: bring your dog out to the ballpark on Memorial Day, and every Monday throughout the summer.
- Sunday, June 18th: Play catch with your dad on the field before the game on a special Delta Dental's Kids Day on Father's Day, plus a Bat and Swag Giveaway, Potter Park Zoo animals, and kids run the bases after the game.
- Tuesday, July 4th: Independence Day LAFCU Fireworks. There's no better place in Mid Michigan to spend the 4th of July, allowing fans to watch fireworks shows throughout the area before a double-feature of Lugnuts LAFCU Fireworks and the City of Lansing Fireworks cap off the night.
- Thursday, July 13th: Celebrate Michigan Craft Beer on a special Labatt Thirsty Thursday, with a custom Lugnuts Beer Stein giveaway for the first 1,000 fans, plus half off all craft brews and $2 beer/soda specials.
- Saturday, July 29th: Farm Bureau Insurance Pure Michigan Night, with a Lugnuts Beach Towel giveaway to the first 1,000 fans.
- Friday, August 11th: Cooley Law School Stadium becomes Margaritaville on Jimmy Buffett Night, with a flower lei giveaway, a seafood boil, live Jimmy Buffett music from Don Middlebrook and postgame LAFCU Fireworks.
- Saturday, August 19th: Prepare for a magical evening on Harry Potter Night, with a Golden Snitch baseball giveaway to the first 1,000 fans, Quidditch on the field and postgame LAFCU Fireworks.
- Friday, August 25th: View cars from the last 100+ years and celebrate Lansing's great automotive history on Oldsmobile Heritage Night, followed by LAFCU Fireworks.
Advance prices for Lugnuts Midwest League games remained the same as 2016 prices: $8 for lawn seating, ranging to $10 for bleacher seats, $11 for box seats and $14 for executive box seats. Prices rise $1 on game day.
For more information, visit lansinglugnuts.com or call (517) 485-4500.
# # #