AUGUSTA, GA - The Augusta GreenJackets, Single-A affiliate of the San Francisco Giants, are excited to announce the release of their promotional schedule for the 2017 season.
This year's schedule features many highly anticipated events taking place at Lake Olmstead Stadium during this celebration season. Throughout the summer the GreenJackets will host 15 collectible giveaway nights, light up the sky for nine post-game firework shows (including Mega Memorial Day Sunday, May 28th Independence Day Extravaganza, Tuesday, July 4th and Labor Day Celebration, Monday September 4th), the 11th Annual Military Appreciation Night (7/22), Annual Miracle League Day at the Stadium (6/10) and so much more.
"The 2017 season features 70 games and 70 promotions, a full slate to entertain you all summer long," said General Manager Tom Denlinger. "The CSRA is in for one of our most jam packed promotions schedules to date, and we look forward to seeing the Lake packed all summer long."
The GreenJackets have ramped up and are paying homage the past 29 seasons of GreenJackets Baseball this season. The 2017 promotional schedule will include special giveaways and themes such as 80s weekend and 90s weekend to throw it back to the olden days of Lake Olmstead Stadium.
Highlighting the 2017 giveaways are:
- April 13th - Magnet Schedule Giveaway (3,500) - Augusta University Health, Augusta Chronicle, WRDW Channel 12/NBC 26
- April 14th - Team Poster Giveaway (2,000) & Team Autograph Session - Augusta University Health
- April 28th - Car Flag Giveaway (1,000)/ Donate Life Night - LifeLink Foundation
- May 12th- Phoenix Printing Calendar Giveaway (1,000) - Phoenix Printing/ Dr. Rogers & Andrews Night
- May 13th - Pink Tote Bag Giveaway(1,500)- Augusta University Health/ Pink in the Park
- May 14th - Roses Giveaway (250)- A Garden Cottage Florist
- May 26th- Coca-Cola Pennant Giveaway (2000)
- June 10th- Cooling Towel Giveaway (1,000)- Augusta University Health
- June 18th- Cintas Father's Day Golf Towel Giveaway (750)
- July 7th- Augusta Pirates Hat Giveaway (1,000)- SRP Federal Credit Union
- July 21st- Cooler Bag Giveaway (1,000)- EDTS
- August 4th- Auggie Bobblehead Giveaway (1,000)- Georgia Military College
- August 25th- Jon Lester Bobblehead Giveaway (1,000)- SRP Federal Credit Union/ Hall of Fame Induction
- August 27th- Road To The Show Poster Giveaway (1,000)- Augusta University Health
- September 2nd- T-Shirt Giveaway (1,000)- Augusta University Health
Many fun and unique theme nights are planned for this season, including Boy Scouts Night (8/5), Girl Scouts Night (8/26), Christmas in July (7/25), Health Fair nights (5/10 & 7/19), Corn Hole/Ping Pong Tournament benefiting the Ronald McDonald House (8/3) and much more.
The GreenJackets will be hosting three off-the-players-back jersey auctions in the 2017. Jersey Auction dates are May 13th (Pink in the Park Jersey), July 8th (Augusta Pirates Jersey) & a Special Military Camo Style Jersey that will be worn for every Saturday game and auctioned off on September 2nd benefiting the Augusta Warrior Project. At the conclusion of each game, fans are brought onto the field to receive their jersey, take photos, and get players' autographs.
A full promotional schedule can be found at www.greenjacketsbaseball.com/promotions
Leading up to the 4th Annual BuzzFest, the GreenJackets will be releasing special announcements about the 29th and Final Season at Lake Olmstead Stadium. GreenJackets fans will need to tune in on the GreenJackets Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) for the big finale announcement which will take place on Friday, March 17th!
Following Announcements to be made throughout the week of March 13th-17th:
Monday, March 13th- 4th Annual BuzzFest Details Tuesday, March 14th- Daily Promotions for 2017 Wednesday, March 15th- Fireworks Schedule for 2017
- Thursday, March 16th- Themes, Community Events, Giveaways and Full Schedule for 2017
- Friday, March 17th- Special Announcement about 29th and Final Season at Lake Olmstead Stadium
The 4th Annual BuzzFest Party at the Lake is slated for Saturday, March 18th. Join us at 9am for the Inaugural BuzzFest Shamrock 5k/1 mile Fun Run presented by Fleet Feet Sports (Registration is FREE). At 10am the fun kicks off with the last Opening Night at the Lake tickets on-sale, Yard Sale, Touch-a-Truck, food sampling and more!
The GreenJackets start the 29th consecutive season of professional baseball in Augusta on Thursday, April 13th against the Columbia Fireflies (NY Mets). All GreenJackets Ticket Plans including Full, Half, and Weekend and the all-new 6-Game Flex Plans are on sale now for the 2017 season. To guarantee your seats, order your 2017 Ticket Packages today by reaching out to the GreenJackets Front Office at (706) 922-WINS (9467). To stay up to date during the off season, sign up for the 'Jackets Buzz e-newsletter by visiting www.GreenJacketsBaseball.com/thebuzz/