|© MLB Advanced Media, L.P. All rights reserved.|
IronPigs Host Chili Dog Competition on July 2607/10/2012 10:10 AM ET
In celebration of National Chili Dog Day, the IronPigs are hosting the first-ever Chili Dog Eating Competition at Coca-Cola Park on Thursday, July 26 before the IronPigs host the Norfolk Tides at 7:05 p.m.
Think you got what it takes to eat the most chili dogs in five minutes? Sign up now by clicking here and faxing form to (610) 841-1509 or bring it over to the IronPigs front office at Coca-Cola Park, 1050 IronPigs Way, Allentown, PA, 18109. Hurry, the deadline for registration is Thursday, July 12th.
Each participant chosen by the IronPigs front office staff will receive two tickets to that evening's game (July 26), on field recognition and an IronPigs prize pack. The participant who can consume the most chili dogs in five minutes will be crowned the champion and will receive a celebratory first pitch that night, an IronPigs game cap and FOUR complimentary tickets to a future 2012 IronPigs home game with preferred parking and more!
Here are the rules:
- Contestants must be 18 years of age or older as of July 26
- Dunking and crunching the chili dog and bun are allowed
- Separating the chili, hot dog and bun to eat them individually is allowed
- All chili, hot dog and bun must be consumed for one chili dog to be counted
- Contestants must not touch any chili dogs until the starting signal
- Chili dogs can be eaten in any fashion, but must be completely swallowed before the buzzer
- In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by a 2-minute chili dog eat off with the winner being the one who consumes the most total chili dogs
Good Luck and Happy Eating!