BROOKLY, NY (June 17th 2019) - For the second straight time this season, the IronBirds split a two game series with a game two loss. Brooklyn's pitching was stellar, and some defensive mistakes cost Aberdeen in a 4-1 loss at MCU Park.
W: Garrison Bryant
L: Adam Stauffer (0-1)
SV: Daniel Goggin
• Brooklyn's leadoff man scored in the first inning after reaching on single to center. Ranfy Aldon stole second and got to third on a throwing error by Cody Roberts. A sac-fly RBI brought him home to make it 1-0.
• The 'Birds surrendered three runs in the third, inclduing a two run homer from Luke Ritter to make it 4-0.
• Aberdeen's only two hits came in the 6th from Jean Carmona and Robert Neustrom. Neustrom's scored Ian Evans who walked earlier in the inning and made it 4-1.
KEY IRONBIRDS CONTRIBUTORS
• Adam Stauffer: L, 4.0 IP, 4 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
• Reed Hayes: 4.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 2 BB
NEWS & NOTES
• Aberdeen's bats struckout a season high 14 times to the dominant Cyclones pitching.
• 10th Round Pick in the 2019 draft Jordan Cannon made his professional debut, going 0-for-3
• Reed Hayes rejoined the roster Sunday and put together a dominant four hitless innings, allowing two baserunners.
IronBirds vs. Tri-City Valleycats, Tuesday 7:05 p.m.
Leidos Field at Ripken Stadium - Aberdeen, M.D.
Probables: RHP Leonardo Rodriguez (first start) vs. RHP Manny Ramierez
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.