North Little Rock, AR-For the second straight night, the Arkansas Travelers threw a shutout to beat the Springfield Cardinals, this time allowing a season-low one hit in a 3-0 victory at Dickey-Stephens Park. Nabil Crismatt threw six innings on just 80 pitches allowing two walks, hitting a batter and giving up a Rayder Ascanio single to right field with two out in the fifth. He struck out three while lowering his league-best ERA to 2.17. Sam Tuivailala, Matt Tenuta and Wyatt Mills each worked one inning to finish off the combined shutout.
Moments That Mattered
* The Travs plated a pair in the opening inning. The first coming on a the second of two Cardinal errors in the inning. Later, Luis Liberato lined a two-out single the opposite way to drive in another.
* Liberato delivered again two innings later with a two out RBI single scoring Kyle Lewis.
* Defensively, the Travs made several standout plays including consecutive flashy efforts by shortstop Donnie Walton for the first two outs of the fifth inning.
Notable Travs Performances
* CF Kyle Lewis: 3-3, BB, 2 runs
* RF Luis Liberato: 2-4, 2 RBI
* RHP Nabil Crismatt: Win, 6 IP, H, 2 BB, HB, 3 K
* RHP Wyatt Mills: Save, IP, K
News and Notes
* The shutout is the eighth of the season for Arkansas and seventh at Dickey-Stephens Park. The staff has now thrown 19 straight scoreless innings.
* Over the past two games, Travs pitching has given up only three hits.
* Sam Tuivailala made his third ML rehab appearance out of the Travs bullpen and worked a scoreless seventh inning with a walk and a strikeout. He has pitched three scoreless frames over three games.
The Travs look to keep rolling on Saturday night as they send right-hander Darren McCaughan (7-4, 2.62) to the mound against righty Johan Oviedo (1-4, 6.59). First pitch is set for 6:10 with gates opening at 5:10 and first 1,000 fans receiving a commemorative Travs print. The game will also be broadcast on the Sports Animal 920, the First Pitch App, TuneIn radio and milb.tv.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.