Tulsa, OK-Joey Curletta hit the go-ahead homerun in a ninth inning rally leading the Arkansas Travelers to a 10-6 win over the Tulsa Drillers on Tuesday night. The Travs blasted a season-high four homers paced by a pair from Curletta. Logan Taylor connected for a solo shot early in the game and Joe DeCarlo capped the big ninth with a three-run blast. It was the first road win of the season for Arkansas when trailing after the seventh or eighth inning. Six pitchers took the mound for the Travs but none worked more than two innings. Starter Johendi Jiminian exited the game in the second after taking a line drive off his ankle. Matt Festa finished the game with his first two inning appearance of the season and earned the win Dylan Baker gave up the two homers in the ninth and took the loss.
Moments That Mattered
* The Travs jumped out quickly turning a leadoff double in the first from Chuck Taylor into a run on a pair of groundouts. They added two more in the second on a solo homer from Logan Taylor and an RBI single from Chuck Taylor.
*Tulsa rallied from three down in the seventh grabbing the lead on a three-run homer from Will Smith.
* Chuck Taylor drew a walk to open the ninth. Two batters later, Curletta, who had homered two innings prior, greeted Baker with a 2-run shot to right-center on an 0-2 pitch to put Arkansas back on top.
Notable Travs Performances
* LF Chuck Taylor: 2-4, 2 runs, BB, 2B, RBI
* 1B Joey Curletta: 2-5, 2 runs, 2 HR, 4 RBI
* 3B Logan Taylor: 2-5, 2 runs, HR, 2 RBI
* Matt Tenuta: 2 IP, 2 BB, 5 K
* Matt Festa: Win, 2 IP, 2 BB, 2 K
Arkansas tries to gain a split of the four game series on Wednesday night in a 7:05 first pitch. RH Chase De Jong (5-4, 4.15) gets the start opposite RH Dean Kremer (1-0, 0.00). The game will be broadcast on the Sports Animal 920, the First Pitch App, TuneIn radio and milb.tv.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.