Tulsa, OK-The Tulsa Drillers put the Arkansas Travelers season on the brink handing them a 6-1 defeat on Friday night. With the win, Tulsa takes a two games to one lead in the best of five series. The hits were even at nine for the game but Travs pitching uncharacteristically walked six batters. Arkansas also struggled again when they had scoring opportunities going 0-8 with runners in scoring position and stranding nine on base. Starter Ian McKinney lasted just 3.2 innings while throwing 82 pitches. He was charged with one run on four hits and two walks while striking out five. Jack Anderson was the first man out of the bullpen and took the loss giving up three runs (one earned) on a hit and two walks over 1.1 innings. Tulsa starter Markus Solbach was the winner going 5.1 innings for the Drillers.
Moments That Mattered
* Arkansas tied the game in the top of the fifth when Evan White was hit by a pitch with the bases loaded and two out.
* The pivotal frame was the bottom of the fifth when Tulsa scored three times to get control. The inning opened with an error, then with one out consecutive walks filled the bases. Cody Thomas delivered a two-run double to put Tulsa on top. Donovan Casey followed with a sacrifice fly and the Drillers were up by three.
Notable Travs Performances
* LF Kyle Lewis: 2-4, 2B
* C Nick Thurman: 2-3, SH
* LHP Matt Tenuta: 1.2 IP, H, BB, 2 K
News and Notes
* Arkansas is now 1-22 with runners in scoring position in the series
* 12 pitchers have appeared in the series for the Travs
Game four is a must win for the Travs or the season is over. Right-hander Ljay Newsome (3-4, 2.77) makes the start against righty Parker Curry (4-5, 3.67). First pitch is at 7:05 and the game will be broadcast on the Sports Animal 920, the First Pitch App, TuneIn radio and milb.tv.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.