North Little Rock, AR-The Corpus Christi Hooks ended the Arkansas Travelers seven game winning streak with a 4-2 decision on Thursday night. Hooks pitchers held the Travs to just three hits and only one after the first inning. Yohan Ramirez settled down after a rocky first inning and struck out seven over four innings. Carlos Sanabria tossed a scoreless fifth to earn the win with Bryan Abreu holding the Travs without a hit over the final four innings to get the save. Arkansas starter Justin Dunn took the loss giving up three runs on five hits over five innings.
Moments That Mattered
* Evan White homered in the opening inning. Dom Thompson-Williams followed with a double, stole third and then scored when the throw got into left field.
* Corpus Christi took the lead in the fifth inning. Ronnie Dawson and Abraham Toro executed a double steal of third and second with two out and Dawson racing home on a subsequent wild pitch.
Notable Travs Performances
* DH Evan White: 1-4, run, HR, RBI
* LHP Matt Tenuta: 1.2 IP, 3 K
News and Notes
* White extended his hitting streak to a Travs season-high 15 and homered for the fifth time in the past six games.
* Both teams wore uniforms from Minor League Baseball's Copa de la Diversion with the Travs as the Diamantes de Arkansas and the Hooks as the Corpus Christi Raspas.
* Travs Manager Mitch Canham accepted the head coaching position at his alma mater Oregon State.
The Travs welcome in the Midland RockHounds to start a three game set on Friday night. Left-hander Ricardo Sanchez (5-4, 3.49) gets the start against righty Matt Milburn (3-4, 4.78). First pitch is at 7:10 with a puzzle giveaway for the first 1,000 fans and it is a Diamantes Night. The game will also be broadcast on the Sports Animal 1250, the First Pitch App, TuneIn radio and milb.tv.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.