North Little Rock, AR-Darren McCaughan delivered his fifth straight standout start working a season-high 7.2 innings to pitch the Arkansas Travelers past the Corpus Christi Hooks, 3-1 on Tuesday night. McCaughan has pitched at least six innings in five straight games while not allowing more than one run in any of them. Carson LaRue threw an eight inning complete game in the loss, the longest outing of his career. The win bumps the first half North Division champion Travelers to a season-best 20 games over .500.
Moments That Mattered
* Darren McCaughan ended a Hooks threat by striking out Osvaldo Duarte with runners at the corners to end the inning.
* Evan White smoked a 2-run double past the third base bag to put the Travs in front in the sixth inning.
Notable Travs Performances
* RHP Darren McCaughan: Win, 7 H, R, BB, 4 K, HR
* RHP Wyatt Mills: Sv, 1.1 IP, 2 K
News and Notes
* Evan White extended his hitting streak to 12 with his sixth-inning double.
* McCaughan's 7.2 innings marked the third longest outing of his pro career.
The series continues on Wednesday night with right-hander Nabil Crismatt (2-4, 2.72) getting the start against righty J.B. Bukauskas (0-3, 6.20). It is $1 hot dog night with a hog dog eating contest. First pitch is at 7:10 and the games will be broadcast on the Sports Animal 920, the First Pitch App, TuneIn radio and milb.tv.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.