North Little Rock, AR-The Arkansas Travelers fell to two games under .500 for the first time on the season, falling 7-2 to the Northwest Arkansas Naturals on Tuesday night at Dickey-Stephens Park. A four-run second inning for the visitors put the Travs in a hole they could not recover from. Anthony Misiewicz would get through the fifth inning with no more damage but the Travs struggled to get substantial threats against Glenn Sparkman. He would work 6.1 innings to earn the win before the Naturals bullpen closed it out with 2.2 scoreless frames. Six Naturals players finished with multi-hit games including John Brontsema who was 2-4 with a double and three runs batted in.
Moments That Mattered
* Northwest Arkansas scored four times in the second inning as the first four hitters of the inning went single, single, double, triple with a groundout then scoring the fourth run.
* The Travs collected single runs in the second and sixth innings by converting on their first two chances of the night with runners in scoring position. Seth Mejias-Brean and Beau Amaral had the RBI hits.
* Arkansas threatened in the seventh and eighth innings but stranded two runners in both innings, three of them in scoring position. A three-run ninth inning then blew it open for the Naturals
Notable Travs Performances
* LF Chuck Taylor: 1-3, run, BB, 11 game on-base streak
* 1B Joey Curletta: 2-4, run
* 3B Seth Mejias-Brean: 2-3, BB, RBI
After a day off on Wednesday, the Travs continue their homestand Thursday night with the opener of a four game series against the Springfield Cardinals. It's Star Wars Night and a Travs hat giveaway night for the first 1,000 fans. First pitch is set for 7:10 with RH Andrew Moore (2-1, 2.62) on the mound opposite RH Chris Ellis (2-0, 2.03). The game will also be broadcast on the Sports Animal 920, the First Pitch App, TuneIn radio and milb.tv.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.