Springfield, MO-Dario Pizzano blasted a go-ahead two-run home run with two out in the top of the ninth to lift the Arkansas Travelers to a 4-3 win over the Springfield Cardinals. The win was the seventh in the past eight games for the Travs, matching their best stretch of the season.
Moments That Mattered
- Pizzano tied the game with a sacrifice fly in the seventh inning.
- Springfield retook the lead in the bottom of the seventh on a two out RBI single from John Nogowski.
- Pizzano's go-ahead blast in the ninth came off Landon Beck with a 2-1 count and the Travs down to their final out.
- With two on and none out in the bottom of the ninth, Darin Gillies got Andrew Knizner to bounce into a 4-3 double play started by Nelson Ward that shifted the momentum back to the visitors.
Notable Travs Performances
- LF Dario Pizzano: 2-4, run, HR, 3 RBIs
- RF Chuck Taylor: 0-1, 2 runs, 4 BB
- RHP Blake Perry: 2.1 IP, H, UER, BB, K
- LHP Ashur Tolliver: Win, 1.2 IP, H, K
- RHP Darin Gillies: Save, IP, H, BB, K
Arkansas goes for a sweep of the four game series on Friday night. Righty Chase De Jong (1-2, 5.48) is the scheduled starter for the Travs against righty Connor Jones who will be making his Double-A debut. First pitch is at 7:10 and the game will be broadcast on the Sports Animal 920, the First Pitch App, TuneIn radio and milb.tv.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.