North Little Rock, AR-After authoring comeback wins in each of the past three games, the Arkansas Travelers (17-17) had no rally in them Saturday night as they fell 6-2 to the Springfield Cardinals (19-15). Arkansas was limited to only five hits in the game with two of those coming in the ninth inning. Springfield starter Conner Greene picked up the win as he worked six innings while limiting the Travs to just a run on two hits. Greene retired 11 in a row at one point. Meanwhile, Travs starter Johendi Jiminian was tagged for five runs on five hits and five walks while pitching just four innings.
Moments That Mattered
* Tommy Edman scored from second base on Andrew Knizner's infield hit with two out in the first. Edman just beat the throw to the plate after a diving Adam Law had deflected the ball to shortstop Chris Mariscal.
* Down by two, the Travs loaded the bases with no one out in the third. They managed to get just a run out of it on a sacrifice fly by Beau Amaral.
* Springfield responded with a three-run fourth inning to take control with the key hit being a two-run ground rule double by Tommy Edman.
Notable Travs Performances
* 1B Joey Curletta: 1-3, run, BB, HR, RBI
* Tyler Jackson: 5 IP, 3 H, R, 2 BB, 5 K
The Travs look to close out the series and the homestand on a high note with a 2:10 first pitch on Mother's Day. Nathan Bannister (2-2, 5.87) starts for Arkansas against Jake Woodford (2-3, 5.67) for Springfield. Kids get to run the bases after the game which will also be broadcast on the Sports Animal 920, the First Pitch App, TuneIn radio and milb.tv.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.