Midland, TX-The Arkansas Travelers (26-26) built a nine run lead then hung on for a 10-8 win over the Midland RockHounds (26-27) to claim the series. With the victory, the Travs have moved into second place in the Texas League's North Division. Arkansas scored the first nine runs of the game before seeing Midland steadily come back. The Travs jumped on RockHound starter Jesus Luzardo, one of the top prospects in all of baseball, knocking him for five runs in just 3.2 innings. Travs starter Max Povse did not allow a hit until the fourth inning and finished the game with 10 strikeouts, one shy of his career high. In the three game series, the teams combined for 56 runs on 92 hits.
Moments That Mattered
* Beau Amaral opened the scoring with his first homerun of the season, a no-doubt blast to right off Luzardo.
* After a pair of two out walks in the third, Chris Mariscal ripped a triple to left-center to extend the lead to three.
* Arkansas busted the game open with a four-run fifth inning that included Joe DeCarlo's second double of the game, driving in two and an RBI double from Braden Bishop.
* Tyler Marincov hit his third homer of the series to pull the 'Hounds within three in the eighth.
* Midland scored twice in the ninth and had the tying runs in scoring position with two out in the ninth but Matt Festa struck out Brett Siddall to preserve the victory.
Notable Travs Performances
* CF Braden Bishop: 3-6, run, 2B, RBI
* LF Chuck Taylor: 3-6, run, 2 RBI
* 2B Chris Mariscal: 2-6, run, 3B, 2 RBi
* DH Beau Amaral: 3-5, 2 runs, HR, RBI
* 3B Joe DeCarlo: 3-5, run, 2 2B, 2 RBI
* Max Povse: Win, 6 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 2 BB, 10 K
Arkansas tries to keep it rolling as the roadtrip moves to Frisco for a 7:05 start on Friday night. RH Chase De Jong (4-3, 3.84) goes to the mound against the reigning Texas League Pitcher of the Week righty Ariel Jurado (2-1, 2.05) who shut out the Travs last weekend. The game will be broadcast on the Sports Animal 920, the First Pitch App, TuneIn radio and milb.tv.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.