Springdale, AR-The Arkansas Travelers dropped a rain shortened, eight-inning decision to the Northwest Arkansas Naturals, 5-4 on Wednesday. A four-run fourth inning by the home team proved too much to overcome for the Travs. The loss drops the Travs into third place by themselves but still just one game back of co-division leaders Springfield and Tulsa. Arkansas led early after scoring in the second inning but couldn't extend the lead. The bottom of the fourth featured only four hits, all singles, as well as a hit batsman, a passed ball and a throwing error on a bunt attempt. Chase De Jong took the loss for the Travs allowing five runs (three earned) on five hits over 5.2 innings.
Moments That Mattered
* Logan Taylor gave the Travs an early lead with his RBI double in the second inning.
* With the game tied in the bottom of the fourth, De Jong tried to get the lead runner on a bunt but his throw to third was a little off target and Logan Taylor couldn't hang on to it allowing a run to score with no outs being recorded on the play.
* Dario Pizzano ripped a two out, two-run double in the fifth to just the deficit to just one.
* After again getting within one in the seventh inning, the Travs would strand the tying run at second base. For the game, they left five runners in scoring position.
Notable Travs Performances
* CF Braden Bishop: 2-4, run
* 1B Dario Pizzano: 2-4, run, 2B, 2 RBI
* 3B Logan Taylor: 3-4, 2B, RBI
* Matt Tenuta: 2 IP, H, BB, K
The Travs will try to get a split of the four game series on Thursday night as they send right-hander Johendi Jiminian (2-2, 3.03) to the mound against righty Scott Blewett (1-3, 5.19). First pitch is set for 7:05 and the game will be broadcast on the Sports Animal 920, the First Pitch App, TuneIn radio and milb.tv.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.