North Little Rock, AR-The Arkansas Travelers rallied from a three-run deficit on their way to a second consecutive one-run victory in a 6-5 win over the Springfield Cardinals on Thursday night at Dickey-Stephens Park. A four-run fifth inning turned the game in favor of the Travs. Matt Festa pitched a perfect ninth inning to earn his second save in as many nights and remain perfect on the season in save opportunities. He now leads the league with 13 saves. Over the course of the game the Travs flashed some serious leather with two diving plays from Logan Taylor at third base and a spectacular sliding catch from Beau Amaral in deepest left-center field.
Moments That Mattered
* The Travs took the lead when Joey Curletta lofted a ball down the right field line with the bases loaded and two out in the fifth. Rightfielder Johan Mieses, on the dead run into foul territory overran the ball and reaching back was ruled to have touched it in fair territory with all three runners coming in to score.
* Bryan Bonnell came out of the bullpen with the bases loaded and one out in the sixth and recorded the final two out without allowing a run to preserve the lead.
* After Springfield had cut the lead back to one in the eighth, Matt Festa slammed the door with a perfect ninth inning including two strikeouts.
Notable Travs Performances
* SS Chris Mariscal: 2-3, 2 runs, BB, RBI
* 1B Joey Curletta: 1-4, 4 RBI
* Matt Festa: Save, IP, 2 K
The Travs try to make it three in a row on Friday night with right-hander Chase De Jong (4-4, 4.37) on the hill against righty Sam Tewes (0-2, 5.09). First pitch is set for 7:10 and the game will also be broadcast on the Sports Animal 920, the First Pitch App, TuneIn radio and milb.tv.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.