North Little Rock, AR-For the second straight night, the Arkansas Travelers had four pitchers combine on a shutout as they defeated the Northwest Arkansas Naturals, 2-0, on Tuesday night at Dickey-Stephens Park. Logan Gilbert was the starting and winning pitcher authoring six innings of scoreless baseball on four hits and a walk with eight strikeouts. Jack Anderson, Matt Tenuta and Wyatt Mills each fired a scoreless frame to finish it off with Mills notching his sixth save.
Moments That Mattered
* Arkansas grabbed the lead with two out rally in the second inning. Mike Ahmed drew a four pitch walk, Nick Zammarelli beat a shift with a bunt single and Jordan Cowan drove in the run with a single to right field.
* The best threat by the visitors came in the seventh when they had two on against Jack Anderson but he induced a 1-6-3 double play to turn the inning around.
Notable Travs Performances
* SS Donnie Walton: 2-4, 2 2B
* 2B Jordan Cowan: 2-3, run, RBI
* RHP Logan Gilbert: Win, 6 IP, 4 H, BB, 8 K
News and Notes
* It marks the 11th shutout of the year thrown by the Travs and the third time they have thrown more than one in a row.
* The two shutouts in this series have used eight different pitchers.
The Travs try to keep rolling Wednesday night with left-hander Ricardo Sanchez (8-8, 3.81) on the mound against righty Brady Singer (3-3, 4.36). It is a $1 hot dog night with a Petit Jean hot dog eating contest. First pitch is set for 7:10. The game will also be broadcast on the Sports Animal 920, the First Pitch App, TuneIn radio and milb.tv.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.