Busy Offseason Leads To New Levels of Excitement for B-Royals Baseball Here in 2016
BURLINGTON, NC- "Excitement. Buzz. Momentum. Modern. Fresh." These are the words that General Manager, Ryan Keur continues to use to describe the 2016 Burlington Royals season. Today, the Royals released the 2016 promotional calendar that reflects those reasons for excitement. The calendar features thirty- five nights of entertainment for all ages including a record high seven fireworks shows, a once-in-lifetime opportunity where the World Series Trophy will visit Burlington Athletic Stadium, four specialty jerseys, and endless amounts of fun. From Monday through Sunday, you are guaranteed to have a great time at Burlington Athletic Stadium at an affordable price.
The Burlington Royals are set to begin their 2016 season on June 21, marking the 31st consecutive season of Appalachian League baseball in Burlington and tenth as a member of the World Series Champion, Kansas City Royals organization. As part of another family- friendly season at Burlington Athletic Stadium, the Royals and the City of Burlington have worked hard to modernize and improve the 59-year-old ballpark.
- New elevated, handicap accessible grandstand bleachers on both the first and third base side that will increase the capacity of the ballpark, provide great sight lines at Burlington Athletic Stadium and provide handicap accessible seating.
- 9,800 square foot kids zone which will be completed in two phases. Phase one is complete and provides kids with ample area to enjoy Burlington Athletic Stadium with new inflatables, and fun safe, new place to play at the ballpark.
- Modernized brick façade outlining both bleachers and in main seating bowl to give a modernized look to the ballpark.
- Dollar Monday Madness presented by Farm Bureau Turner Agency. The best value in town returns- $1 general admission tickets, hot dogs, canned soda, candy and chips. All for just a buck each on all Monday home games. Excludes Monday, July 4th Independence Day Celebration.
- T-Shirt Tuesdays: The first 300 fans will receive a free t-shirt courtesy of our local partners at every Tuesday home game this season. Come early, stay late and look good with the Burlington Royals!
- Thirsty Thursdays™: The Royals will continue to be the biggest bar in town on Thursday nights. With over 15 beers on draft, enjoy a beer for only $1 every Thursday at the ballpark. The Royals will also don powder blue Throwback Thursday jerseys every Thursday sponsored by Kristin Vincent State Farm.
- Seven Fireworks Shows: Tying last year's record high seven fireworks shows-the Royals will again light up the sky every Saturday Night during the summer as well as Opening Weekend, Friday June 24th and Independence Day Celebration on July 4th.
- Bingo for President: 2016 marks an election year and not sure there is a better candidate here in Alamance County than Bingo! Every Sunday, the team will wear Bingo for President jerseys for our Bingo's Buddies Kids Club presented by Wade's Jewelers.
- Best Dressed: The Royals provide great value, great family fun and now want to be the best dressed in Alamance County. The Royals will wear specialty jerseys every Sunday (Bingo for President), every Thursday (Throwback Thursdays), a colorful Emoji jersey for Social Media Weekend (July 28-30) and Star Wars Jersey on Star Wars Night (July 15).
World Series Celebration
- Opening Night (June 23): The Royals will celebrate the KC Royals World Series victory on Opening Night with an Opening Night extravaganza presented by County Ford. First 1,000 fans will receive a free World Series championship t-shirt courtesy of County Ford.
- World Series Trophy Tour (August 12 and 13): The Future Starts Here. And the World Series Trophy will be HERE too. Make sure you come to games on August 12th and 13th to see the World Series Trophy.
Times-News Family Sundays
Be on the lookout for $2 ticket coupons in your Sunday edition of The Times-News. Kids who sign up for Bingo's Buddies Kid's Club (Presented by Wade's Jewelers) will be able to attend different events each Sunday. Also, kids run the bases following every Sunday home game!
July 4th Celebration
Celebrate the Independence Day at the ballpark! We have a game on Monday, July 4th with post-game fireworks! We will have bounce houses, live music, crazy games, face painting, and tons of other fun things going on all day long On July 4th, the gates will open at 4:30 PM. Game starts at 6:30
Hometown Heroes Night- June 24
Recognize our Hometown Hero, Director of Burlington Recreation and Parks, Tony Laws on Friday, June 24th. The Opening Weekend will feature tons of fun including a post-game fireworks show on June 24th. TickleMyRibs BBQ is proudly served every night at the ballpark.
Autism Awareness 5K Run/Walk-August 20th
We have once again partnered with the Autism Society of North Carolina to put on the Annual 5K Family Fun Run/Walk for Autism. Race participants will receive a ticket to the game that evening and proceeds will help support individuals and families affected by autism.
Other highlights in the promotional schedule include:
- Two Day Games at the Ballpark (July 27 and August 2) our annual 11am Day Game for all summer camps, kids clubs, and daycares who will enjoy a fun outing with their friends.
- The infamous Hot Dog Heaven will be making a return this season, as we will offer 25 cent hot dogs on July 5th.
- Faith and Family Night, featuring a pre-game concert by We Are One will be on August 12th, concert starting at 5:30.
For a full list of promotions, sponsors, and events, visit www.burlingtonroyals.com. The Burlington Royals have been recognized as the Appalachian League Organization of the Year in 2014 and 2015. The B-Royals were named the "Best Family Night Out" in 2015 in Alamance County and are the proud affiliate of the World Series Champion, Kansas City Royals.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.