The Burlington Royals are set to begin their 2017 season on June 22nd, marking the 32nd year consecutive season of Appalachian League baseball in Burlington and 11th as a member of the Kansas City Royals organization. This year's promotional schedule features new and returning fan-favorite theme nights, as well as weekly promos and fireworks. Tickets for all games are available online at www.burlingtonroyals.com and by calling 336-222-0223.
- Fireworks Shows: The Royals will continue to light up the sky with four Saturday Night Fireworks shows this season as well as a fireworks spectacular for Independence Day on July 4th.
- Dollar Monday's presented by Piedmont Ale House. The best deal in Burlington is back! General admission tickets and all your favorite ballpark foods are just $1 all night long. Come enjoy hotdogs, chips, candy, canned soda, and Smitty's ice cream without hurting your wallet.
- Thirsty Thursday: With over 10 beers on tap, Burlington Athletic Stadium is the best place to go for a Thursday night out! Every Thursday, all featured draft beers will start at $1 with canned and aluminum bottles starting at just $2.
- Kids Run the Bases presented by The Times-News. Every Sunday following the game, children ages 12 & under will have the opportunity to show off their speed around the bases just like the players! Bingo's Kids Club members will receive priority in line.
Star Wars Night - June 23rd
The galaxy needs saving and the Royals are ready to defeat the dark forces once again. Players will don specialty jerseys and you can join in on the fun by dressing up as your favorite Star Wars characters!
Hometown Heroes Night presented by Tickle My Ribs - June 30th
The Royals will recognize all of Alamance County's Hometown Heroes and honor local fire, police, and EMS departments with the ceremonial first pitch. Different department vehicles will be available for walk-throughs and pictures.
Independence Day Celebration presented by Food Lion - July 4th
Burlington Athletic Stadium is the place to be this 4th of July! Celebrate our nation's freedom with bounce houses, games, and more fun activities! Gates will open at 5:30 P.M. and game time is at 6:30 P.M. Stay after the game for a dazzling display of fireworks!
Paint the Park Purple presented by American Cancer Society - July 14th
The Royals are teaming up with the American Cancer Society and Relay for Life to paint Burlington Athletic Stadium purple! Wear purple to show your support for all of those affected by cancer.
Military Appreciation Night presented by Alamance CVB - July 21st
Join us as we salute the brave men and women of our Armed Forces for their sacrifices and service.
Bingo's Kids Club
- Christmas in July presented by Alamance Salvation Army B&G Club - July 23rd:
- The Royals and Salvation Army Boys & Girls Club of Alamance County are inviting you to celebrate Christmas early with us this year! First 500 fans to the ballpark will receive a special ornament. Game time is at 6 P.M.
- Halloween at the Ballpark presented by Walmart Graham-Hopedale - July 30th
- Come dressed in your best Halloween costume for a spooky Sunday filled with trick-or-treating, fun games, and face painting! Game time is 6 P.M.
- Princess Night presented by Wade's Jewelers - August 13th
- Hop in your pumpkin carriage to Burlington Athletic Stadium for a night filled with magic and lots of tiaras. Purchase a Princess Package so your little princess can take part in the Princess Parade before the first pitch!
- Bingo's Birthday Party presented by Glen Raven - August 27th
- Bingo's best buddies from across the state are coming to celebrate his birthday! Come party with all the mascots and take part in special birthday games!
Get your running shoes ready for the week of August 20th-26th
- Beer Run - August 24th
- The 4th annual Beer Run is back at Burlington Athletic Stadium. Before the game, run around the stadium while chugging a beer between each lap. Race time is at 5 P.M. Call 336-222-0223 to register.
- Autism Awareness 5k Run/Walk presented by OT Sports - August 26th
- We are once again partnering with the Autism Society of North Carolina! Race participants will receive a ticket to the game that evening as well as custom designed socks by OT Sports. Proceeds will help support individuals and families affected by autism. Call 336-222-0223 to register.
For a full list of promotions, sponsors, and events, visit www.burlingtonroyals.com. The Burlington Royals have been recognized as the Appalachian League Organization of the Year from 2014-2016. The Royals are a proud affiliate of the Kansas City Royals.
Standard game time is 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 6 p.m. on Sundays, unless otherwise noted. Gates open one hour prior to game time. Season tickets, group outings, and mini-plans are on sale and can be purchased by calling the Royals at 336-222-0223.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.