The Louisville Bats and Kentucky Department of Veterans Affairs will be recognizing the World War I Centennial at Louisville Slugger Field on Sunday, May 21. In celebration of the 100 year anniversary of World War 1, special pregame activities, video board tributes and recognitions will be made throughout the game.
Specially priced $5 Field Reserved seats will be available on the day of the game for all active duty military, reservists, national guardsman and veterans showing a veterans service organization I.D. or DD Form 214. The special ticket price applies to family members as well.
The KDVA will be collecting poppies to go on the Poppy Wall at the Kentucky State Fair. Any fan donating a poppy will also receive the special $5 Field Reserved seat ticket price. Inside the stadium, the KDVA will have a station for children to make their own poppies to contribute to the wall. For a complete history of the poppy project, please visit www.kypoppyproject.com.
Listed below are some highlights of the day. Please join us for a day filled with family fun as we remember those that served in World War I and throughout the years.
- Louisville Bats vs. Columbus Clippers
- Sunday, May 21 / Game starts at 2:05 / Gates open at 1:00
- Pregame videos and recognition of the World War I Centennial
- Kids 12 and under receive a free kids meal
- Kids Inflatable FunZone in the Hall of Fame from 1:00 - 4:00
- Kids Run the Bases after the game
- Zooperstars will be appearing throughout the game
- Post-game concert by Building 429 (Christian concert)
For addtional questions regarding the Louisville Bats World War I Centennial Recognition Game please contact the Bats Front Office at (502) 212-2287.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.