Beloit, WI - With Spring Training beginning this week, we are one step closer to Beloit Snappers baseball in 2019. Each year, the Snappers welcome players from all over the world and rely on community support to house these players. As the season dawns upon us, the Snappers are happy to announce our Host Family Program that allows families within our local community to house Snappers players and coaches.
Host families play a vital role in the Beloit Snappers organization's success both on and off the field. The Snappers Host Family Program has helped hundreds of young men adjust to life as a professional baseball player by providing a welcoming home for the season. A host family provides players a sense of belonging to our community and in some cases, allows our athletes to adjust to a new culture.
Now, with every season comes a need for more host families and we want you to become a host family for the 2019 season. Being a host family has many perks and many lifelong friendships have been made between host families and players. So, why become a host family?
- Due to organizational transactions, some players might be in Beloit for a brief amount of time and then leave on very short notice
- Finding an apartment for a short-term lease can be challenging
- Players spend very few hours at home as the bulk of their time will be spent at the stadium and on the road
- Host families help players adjust to life as a professional baseball player
- Host families get into any Beloit Snappers home game for free
- At the end of the season, there is a special ceremony thanking each host family by rewarding families with a special gift
- Many lifelong bonds have been made in the Snappers Host Family Program
The Snappers Host Family Program is crucial to many Minor League Baseball teams across the country and allows players to not only become a part of the community, but become a part of a family.
If you are interested in becoming a host family or would like more information, please contact Tommy Himebaugh at 608-362-2272 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. To fill out a questionnaire to become a host family, please click the link below or print off the host family application on the Snappers website and return it to the Beloit Snappers front office.
The Beloit Snappers are a member of the Midwest League and have been the Single-A affiliate of the Oakland Athletics since 2013. Opening Day is on April 4, 2019 as the Snappers take on the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers. For more ticket information, contact the Snappers office at (608) 362-2272 or visit our website, www.snappersbaseball.com
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.