Join the "Go Green" team with the Dragons and IGS Energy! Check how energy efficient your home is and complete our home energy audit. After you finish and see your score, you can submit your score on this page to receive great prizes, courtesy of IGS Energy!
Download the Home Energy Audit form to walkthrough with everyone in your household.
Tally up your score and see how your home measured!
Submit your score back on this webpage at the button below.
Improve your home's energy efficiency using the helpful tips below!
- Wash your clothes in cold water.
- Turn lights off whenever you exit a room and use natural light as much as possible.
- Turn the heated dry off your dishwasher and hand dry instead.
- Start a compost pile or bin.
- Turn the faucet off while brushing your teeth.
- Only wash full loads of laundry.
- Use a timer when showering to limit water usage.
- Turn on ceiling fans to regulate temperature instead of the thermostat.
- Go vegetarian for one day a week.
- Unplug items when not in use.
- Set a timer when showering to conserve water.
- Switch your lightbulbs to LEDs.
- Update your thermostat schedule or invest in a smart thermostat.
- Replace your HVAC filter every 1 to 3 months.
- Clean out your dryer vent.
- Clean your kitchen and bathroom exhaust fans.
- Set your thermostat to a lower temperature in the winter and a higher temperature in the summer when not at home.
- Plant trees or large shrubs around your home to shade it from summer heat.
- Tighten all faucets to keep them from leaking.
- Use your washer, dryer, and dishwasher at night when energy demands are lower.
- Recycle! Click here to learn how you can recycle with the Dragons.