Do Not Enter– The location with this sign posted is used as an exit only. Please as a staff member if you need help finding the entrance of this location.
We are beyond excited to be back and opening the gates at Day Air Ballpark to welcome fans, baseball, and more after a 20-month absence. Welcome back!
Moving forward after a pandemic, we had to focus our attention and efforts on creating a CLEAN and SAFE environment for any guest coming to the ballpark. By consulting and collaborating with health experts, embracing new technologies, and overhauling previous ballpark standards, we believe we have done just that.
- Are masks required? Vaccinated individuals do not have to wear a mask, unless they prefer. Unvaccinated individuals should wear a mask per CDC guidelines.
- What if I only have cash? Because we are a cashless facility now, we do not accept cash at the following locations: Dragons Box Office, Concessions, and Dragons Den Team Store. If you need to exchange your cash for a gift card, see a representative at the Dragons Box Office or in the Dragons Den Team Store.
- When will gates open? Gates will open one (1) hour prior to game time.
- What if I start to feel sick and I have tickets to a game? If you start to feel sick, please do not come to Day Air Ballpark. Contact your ticketing representative or email [email protected] to find a better alternative. We will be happy to have you back out to the ballpark when you feel better!
- How will I receive my tickets? We have introduced digital tickets this season. You will be able to access your digital tickets in your Dragons Account Manager. Find information on how to access and transfer your digital tickets at www.daytondragons.com/digitaltickets.
- When and how can I purchase tickets? You can purchase tickets anytime by calling the Dragons Box Office at 937-228-2287.
- Can I bring my bag to the ballpark? Backpacks are not allowed at Day Air Ballpark. However, you are welcome to bring a small purse, a diaper bag, or a small medical bag, as needed.