Dayton, Ohio-The Dayton Dragons game on Wednesday, August 27 will be televised from Fifth Third Field on WHIO Digital Channel 7.2 (channel 23 and digital channel 372 on most Time Warner Cable systems in the Miami Valley). Dragons telecasts are available to more than 500,000 households. The Dragons battle the Lansing Lugnuts at 7:00 p.m. This will be the final Dragons telecast this season.
Former Cincinnati Reds pitcher and former Dragons pitching coach Doug Bair will serve as the guest commentator on the telecast. Bair spent 15 years in the Major Leagues, pitching in 584 games from 1976-1990. He pitched for the Reds from 1978-'81, when his teammates included Johnny Bench, Pete Rose, Joe Morgan, George Foster, Tom Seaver, Ken Griffey Sr., Dave Concepcion, and Ron Oester, among many others. He finished third in the National League in saves in 1978. Bair pitched for two World Series champions, the 1982 St. Louis Cardinals and the 1984 Detroit Tigers.
Sponsors for Dragons television broadcasts on WHIO 7.2 include Dayton Power & Light, IUE-CWA, Smoothie King, Alliance for Consumer Education, Greater Ohio Virtual School, Gamin' Ride, Buffalo Wild Wings, Cohen Recycling, IWORKS, Coldwell Banker Heritage Realtors, Courtyard by Marriott Dayton South, and Voss Auto.
The Dragons have televised 25 games on WHIO 7.2 from Fifth Third Field this season. The telecasts are produced by the Dragons' in-house production crew. Each telecast will feature a special guest commentator who will work with Dragons play-by-play announcer Tom Nichols. Others who have appeared this season on telecasts include:
- Ron Oester, former Reds second baseman and a 2014 inductee into the Reds Hall-of-Fame
- Bill Doran, former Houston Astros star and current Reds Minor League Field Coordinator
- Todd Benzinger, former Reds first baseman and Dragons manager
- Chris Sexton, former Reds infielder
- Josh Hall, former Dragons and Reds pitcher
- Jeff Reboulet, former Major League infielder and Dayton native
- Hal McCoy, Hall-of-fame baseball writer
- Grant Griesser, former Reds Assistant Director of Player Development
- Mike Hartsock, WHIO TV Sports Director
- Mike Vander Woude, former radio/TV voice of the Dragons
- Chick Ludwig, WONE Radio host
- Jamie Ramsey, Reds Assistant Director of Media Relations and author of the blog Better Off Red
- Mo Egger, Sports Talk Host on WLW Radio
- Brad Del Barba, Professional Baseball scout and former Reds executive
- Daryl Smith, Baseball Author
- Greg Rhodes, Reds team historian
- Larry Hansgen, WHIO Radio
- Marc Katz, former Dragons beat reporter for the Dayton Daily News
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.