Saturday, August 10, 2019 l Game # 48 (118)
Fifth Third Field l Dayton, Ohio l 7:08 p.m.
TV: Dayton's CW (26) l Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Lansing Lugnuts (23-24, 55-61) at Dayton Dragons (21-26, 49-68)
RH Troy Watson (5-3, 3.80) vs. LH Connor Curlis (4-3, 2.73)
Click Here for the complete Press Box Notes packet
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Lansing Lugnuts (affiliate of the Toronto Blue Jays) in the first game of a three-game series.
2019 Season Series between Dayton and Lansing: Lugnuts 6, Dragons 4 (at Dayton: Lugnuts 4, Dragons 3).
Last Game: Friday: Dayton 6, Fort Wayne 1. Matt Lloyd hit a three-run home run in his first swing since joining the Dragons and Dayton pitchers Adrian Rodriguez, Eddy Demurias, and Clate Schmidt combined to scatter seven hits. The win allowed the Dragons to avoid a sweep of the three-game series. Dayton finished with 11 hits including two each by Lloyd, Mariel Bautista, Michael Siani, and Claudio Finol. The Dragons built a 4-0 lead over the first three innings and prevented Fort Wayne from scoring until the ninth inning.
The Playoff Chase: With 23 games to play, the Dragons face a four-game deficit in the race for a playoff spot. South Bend is the wildcard leader.
- - Matt Lloyd hit a three-run home run in his first swing of his first game with the Dragons on Friday, becoming the second Dragons player this season to hit a homer in his first game with the club (Jay Schuyler on Opening Night). Lloyd started his pro career at Billings earlier this summer by hitting home runs in his second, third, and fourth games with the team. He was a 1st Team All-Big Ten choice at Indiana in both 2018 and 2019 and also served as the Hoosiers closer on the mound.
- - Michael Siani is batting .319 in his last 30 games. He hit .326 in July to rank 6th in the Midwest League.
- - Since May 24, Siani has played in 62 games and is batting .301 with 27 stolen bases. Since May 24, he ranks 6th in the MWL in batting average, 4th in the MWL in hits, 2nd in runs scored, and 1st in stolen bases.
- - LHP Andy Fisher was selected as the Cincinnati Reds Minor League Pitcher of the Month for July. Fisher posted a 0.36 ERA for the month, appearing in six games (three with Greeneville; three with Dayton). He worked 25 innings, allowing 12 hits and three runs (one earned run) with three walks and 27 strikeouts.
- - Jay Schuyler is batting .320 with one home run over his last 14 games…Mariel Bautista is hitting .306 over his last 12 games…Miguel Hernandez is hitting .350 over his last six games…Randy Ventura is hitting .300 over his last 14 games…Morgan Lofstrom has a four-game hitting streak, batting .308.
- - Matt Pidich over his last 24 games: 1.49 ERA, 42.1 IP, 29 H, 14 R, 7 ER, 13 BB, 45 SO.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Sunday, August 11 (2:08 p.m.): Lansing RH Troy Miller (4-7, 5.24) at Dayton RH Eduardo Salazar (5-2, 4.34) TV: Dayton's CW (26)
Monday, August 12 (7:00 p.m.): Lansing RH Sean Wymer (6-11, 5.95) at Dayton RH Jhon De Jesus (2-12, 5.26)
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.