Wednesday, July 10, 2019 l Game # 19 (89)
Fifth Third Field l Dayton, Ohio l 7:00 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Wisconsin Timber Rattlers (11-7, 42-45) at Dayton Dragons (7-11, 36-52)
RH Adam Hill (6-5, 3.78) vs. RH Eduardo Salazar (4-1, 4.75)
Click Here for the complete Press Box Notes packet
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers (affiliate of the Milwaukee Brewers) in the first game of a three-game series. This is the first of 12 straight games against West Division opponents for the Dragons.
2019 Season Series: First meeting tonight. The Dragons are 4-8 vs. the West Division this season (2-4 at home).
Last Game: Monday: Dayton 5, South Bend 4. The Dragons rallied for four runs in the bottom of the ninth to overcome a 4-1 deficit to win. Bren Spillane's two-out, two-run single tied the game, and Pabel Manzanero followed with an RBI single to give the Dragons their second walk-off win of the season. Entering the ninth, the Dragons had scored one run (unearned) in the first 26 innings of the series, and had gone 1 for 13 in the series with men in scoring position. They scored four runs in the inning and went 4 for 5 with men in scoring position as the game ended with two outs.
- - Monday's win marked the first time since July 18, 2013 that the Dragons won a game in the bottom of the ninth inning despite trailing by at least three runs to start the half-inning. On July 18, 2013, they trailed Beloit 6-3 going to the bottom of the ninth and won on Seth Mejias-Brean's walk-off grand slam with one out, 7-6. The game marked the first time this season that the Dragons produced a win despite trailing by any margin going to the bottom of the ninth inning, and just the third time all season that they won a game after trailing by three runs or more at any point during the game.
- - Ricky Salinas has been chosen as the Cincinnati Reds Minor League Pitcher of the Month for June. Salinas in June: 5 GS, 2-0, 1.03 ERA, 26.1 IP, 17 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 7 BB, 22 SO, .181 Opps. Avg. Salinas over his last seven starts is 3-0 with a 1.69 ERA (37.1 IP, 7 ER).
- - The Dragons top hitters in the Second Half (18 G) have included Bren Spillane (.364, 5 doubles, 5 RBI); Mariel Bautista (.306, 2 doubles); Pabel Manzanero (.304, 8 doubles, 2 HR, .507 slg. pct.); Brian Rey (.286, 3 doubles, 9 RBI).
- - Bren Spillane over his last nine games is batting .438 (14 for 32).
- - Brian Rey is batting .310 over his last 21 games.
- - Mariel Bautista is hitting .306 in 14 games since returning from the injured list. He was out for 31 days with a shoulder injury.
- - Matt Pidich over his last 15 games: 1.29 ERA, 28 IP, 16 H, 9 R, 4 ER, 10 BB, 27 SO.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Thursday, July 11 (7:00 p.m.): Wisconsin RH Max Lazar (2-1, 2.14) at Dayton RH Jhon De Jesus (2-7, 4.91)
Friday, July 12 (7:08 p.m.): Wisconsin RH Logan Gillaspie (2-5, 3.93) at Dayton RH Lyon Richardson (2-6, 4.46) TV: Dayton's CW (26)
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.