Saturday, June 8, 2019 l Game # 62
Fifth Third Field l Dayton, Ohio l 7:08 p.m.
TV: Dayton's CW (23) l Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Fort Wayne TinCaps (28-31) at Dayton Dragons (22-39)
LH Ryan Weathers (2-1, 3.00) vs. RH James Marinan (2-6, 5.13)
Click Here for the complete Press Box Notes packet
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Fort Wayne TinCaps (affiliate of the San Diego Padres) in the second game of a four-game series.
Streaks: The Dragons have won a season-high five straight games. This is their longest winning streak since they won six straight, April 29-May 5, 2018.
Last Game: Friday: Dayton 9, Fort Wayne 4. Miles Gordon went 4 for 4 with a home run and Lyon Richardson tossed five strong innings for his first professional victory to lead the Dragons to their fifth straight win. The Dragons scored in six of their eight offensive innings, collecting 11 hits. Miguel Hernandez also added a home run and Michael Siani had a hit, two walks, two runs scored, and two stolen bases.
- -The Dragons are 5-1 in the month of June, posting the league's best record. For the month, they rank third in the league in runs scored and team batting average. They rank tied for first in the league in stolen bases and tied for second in hits. On the mound, they rank second in team ERA (1.67). Defensively, they have turned the second most double plays (7).
- -The Dragons 2.40 ERA over the last 10 games ranks second in the Midwest League behind Kane County's 2.07. The Dragons total number of runs allowed during this period (33) is tied for the fewest in the league.
- -The Dragons have scored at least nine runs in two straight games for the first time this season. Previously, the most runs they had scored in consecutive games was six, on two occasions.
- -The Dragons have stolen 12 bases in their last four games. Over the same time period, only one other MWL team has stolen more than seven (Lansing, with 10).
- - Miles Gordon since joining the Dragons has played in five games (the team has won all five), going 9 for 21 (.429) with one home run and five stolen bases. He has a 1.097 OPS. He has had at least one hit in all five games.
- - Michael Siani is batting .349 with two home runs over his last 12 games. He had four hits in West Michigan Thursday night.
- - Reliever Matt Pidich over his last six games: 11.2 IP, 0 ER, 6 H, 6 BB, 13 SO.
- - Reliever Connor Bennett has notched saves in each of his last three appearances and is now tied for second in the MWL with six. He leads the league in appearances with 22.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Sunday, June 9 (2:08 p.m.): Fort Wayne RH Efraín Contreras (3-2, 3.35) at Dayton RH Ricky Salinas (2-3, 4.95) TV: Dayton's CW (23)
Monday, June 10 (7:00 p.m.): Fort Wayne RH Gabe Mosser (4-2, 3.50) at Dayton RH Jared Solomon (1-3, 3.60)
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.