Friday, April 13, 2018 l Game # 9
Dow Diamond l Midland, Mich. l 6:05 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Dayton Dragons (5-3) at Great Lakes Loons (2-6)
RH Wendolyn Bautista (0-0, 3.38) vs. RH Melvin Jimenez (0-0, 3.86)
For the complete Press Box Notes packet, click this link: http://www.milb.com/documents/9/6/6/272046966/041318_GameNotes.pdf
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Great Lakes Loons (affiliate of the Los Angeles Dodgers) in the first game of a three-game series.
Series to Date/Streaks: The Dragons have won five straight games. Great Lakes has lost their last four games.
Last night: Thursday: Dayton 10, Lake County 9. Jeter Downs delivered a one-out RBI single in the bottom of the ninth to break a 9-9 tie. Downs' hit came after he had dropped a popup with two outs in the top of the ninth, allowing two runs to score as Lake County tied the game. The Dragons trailed 5-1 in the third inning but they collected a season-high 17 hits and hit three home runs (Downs, Stuart Fairchild, Narciso Crook) to win. Downs and Hendrik Clementina each had four hits. The Dragons also had a season high in extra base hits with seven (4 doubles, 3 home runs).
- Last night, the Dragons completed their first four-game series sweep since June 30-July 3, 2017 when they swept Fort Wayne at Fifth Third Field.
- The Dragons have won five straight games. They have outscored their opponents 30-17 in the four wins after being outscored 24-10 in their first three games of the season.
- The Dragons lead the Midwest League in extra base hits with 27 (18 doubles, two triples, seven home runs).
- The Dragons have scored 19 runs over the last two games. Over the first six games of the season, they did not score more than four runs in any game, scoring a total of 21. The Dragons team slugging percentage in the four games vs. Lake County was .493.
- Dragons relievers have not allowed an earned run in the last five games covering 20.0 innings.
- Hendrik Clementina is batting .500 on the year, going 8 for 16 with 2 HR and 3 doubles. His slugging percentage is 1.063 with an OPS of 1.592.
- Narciso Crook over his last 2 G: 5 for 8, 1 HR, 2 2B, 1 3B, 6 RBI.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Saturday, April 14 (2:05 p.m.): Dayton RH Hunter Green (0-0, 6.00) at Great Lakes Jesus Vargas (0-0, 3.00)
Sunday, April 15 (2:05 p.m.): Dayton LH Packy Naughton (0-0, 2.38) at Great Lakes RH Max Gamboa (0-1, 3.12)
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.