Tuesday, August 8, 2017 l Game # 115 (45)
Fifth Third Field l Dayton, Ohio l 7:00 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Lansing Lugnuts (18-26, 55-55) at Dayton Dragons (14-30, 55-59)
RH Justin Maese (5-3, 5.13) vs. RH Alex Webb (0-2, 5.48)
Click here for the complete Dragons Press Box Notes packet.
Click here for the full Dragons Press Box Stats
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Lansing Lugnuts (affiliate of the Toronto Blue Jays) in the last game of a four-game series. Current Series: Lansing 2, Dayton 1.
Player of the Month: Dayton's Jose Siri has been selected as the Midwest League Player of the Month for July. For the month, he appeared in all 28 Dragons games and batted .344 with 10 home runs and 21 runs batted in. He led the Midwest League in home runs, hits (43), slugging percentage (.680), extra-base hits (19) and total bases (85). His 85 total bases led the league by 22.
- Jose Siri is batting .338 (89 for 263) with 18 home runs over his last 66 games (since May 21), raising his average from .218 to .296 and his slugging percentage from .303 to .528. Siri's 171 total bases since May 21 ranks third in Minor League Baseball. Siri's .650 slugging percentage since May 21 ranks third among all players in Minor League Baseball (full-season leagues). His 18 home runs since May 21 is tied for seventh in the Minor Leagues.
- Jose Siri among the Midwest League leaders in 2017 (full season): 1st in Total Bases, and Stolen Bases; Tied-1st in Hits; 2nd in Extra Base Hits and Slugging Percentage; Tied for 2nd in Home Runs; 3rd in Runs; Tied-8th in RBI; 9th in Batting Average.
- Hector Vargas is batting .300 over his last 18 games.
- Scott Moss ranks first in the MWL in strikeouts (131).is tied for second in wins (11).
- Jesse Adams over his last 25 outings: 2-1, 3 Sv, 0.92 ERA, 39 IP, 4 R. Adams allowed his first runs since June 7 on Sunday, snapping a string of 18 straight scoreless appearances covering 24.2 innings. This was the longest scoreless streak since Daniel Wolford tossed 34.1 straight shutout innings, June 12-August 28, 2011.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Wednesday, August 9: Do Not Play
Thursday, August 10 (7:05 p.m.): Dayton LH Wennington Romero (3-8, 4.88) at South Bend TBA
Friday, August 11 (7:35 p.m.): Dayton LH Scott Moss (11-6, 3.66) at South Bend TBA
Saturday, August 12 (7:05 p.m.): Dayton RH Tony Santillan (6-6, 3.08) at South Bend TBA
Sunday, August 13 (2:05 p.m.): Dayton RH Andrew Jordan (5-7, 4.73) at South Bend TBA
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.