Saturday, July 15, 2017 l Game # 93 (23)
Northwestern Medicine Field l Geneva, Ill. l 7:30 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
LH Wennington Romero (3-7, 4.60) vs. RH Ryan Atkinson (2-5, 3.83)
Click here for the complete Dragons Press Box Notes packet.
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Kane County Cougars (affiliate of the Arizona Diamondbacks) in the first game of a three-game series.
Siri and the Club Record: Jose Siri has a current 21-game hitting streak. On Friday at Clinton, Siri broke the club record of 20 straight games set by Carlos Mendez in 2009. Siri is batting .344 with nine home runs during the streak. This is the longest hitting streak in the Midwest League this season.
- Jose Siri is batting .339 with 14 home runs over his last 45 games (since May 21), raising his average from .218 to .285 and his slugging percentage from .303 to .500. Siri's .661 slugging percentage since May 21 ranks second in the MWL and fourth among all players in full-season leagues in Minor League Baseball. His 14 home runs since May 21 is tied for first among all Single-A players and tied for fourth in the Minor Leagues. His .339 batting average since May 21 is fourth among all Single-A players.
- Taylor Trammell is batting .403 (25 for 62) over his last 16 games (since June 28) with a grand slam homer and 10 RBI. He also has a nine-game hitting streak, batting .395.
- Tyler Stephenson is batting .372 over his last 13 games. He has a second half slugging percentage of .500 with an OPS of .893 and a batting average of .306.
- Scott Moss leads the Midwest League in wins (10) and strikeouts (115).
- Jesse Adams over his last 17 outings: 2-0, 2 Sv, 0.65 ERA, 27.2 IP, 2 R. He has not allowed a run since June 7, with 11 straight scoreless appearances.
- Joel Kuhnel has not allowed a run over his last seven appearances covering 10 innings.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Sunday, July 16 (2:00 p.m.): Dayton LH Scott Moss (10-5, 3.82) at Kane County RH Sam McWilliams (9-3, 2.38)
Monday, July 17 (1:00 p.m.): Dayton RH Tony Santillan (5-5, 3.34) at Kane County LH Mack Lemieux (4-3, 5.77)
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.