Monday, July 17, 2017 l Game # 95 (25)
Northwestern Medicine Field l Geneva, Ill. l 1:00 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Dayton Dragons (8-16, 49-45) at Kane County Cougars (12-12, 51-40)
RH Tony Santillan (5-5, 3.34) vs. LH Mack Lemieux (4-3, 5.77)
Click here for the complete Dragons Press Box Notes packet.
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Kane County Cougars (affiliate of the Arizona Diamondbacks) in the last game of a three-game series. This is the final game of a six-game West Division road trip for Dayton. The Dragons are 2-3 on the trip.
Siri and the Club Record: Jose Siri has a current 23-game hitting streak. On Friday at Clinton, Siri broke the club record of 20 consecutive games set by Carlos Mendez in 2009. Siri is batting .353 with 10 home runs during the streak. This is the longest hitting streak in the league this season and one short of the longest hitting streak in the league in the current decade (2010-17).
- Jose Siri is batting .344 with 15 home runs over his last 47 games (since May 21), raising his average from .218 to .289 and his slugging percentage from .303 to .511. Siri's .672 slugging percentage since May 21 ranks third among all players in Minor League Baseball (full-season leagues). His 15 home runs since May 21 is tied for fourth in the Minor Leagues. His .344 batting average since May 21 is fourth among all Single-A players.
- Taylor Trammell is batting .394 (28 for 71) over his last 18 games (since June 28) with two home runs and 11 RBI. He has hit safely in 17 of his last 18 games. He also has an 11-game hitting streak, batting .383.
- Scott Moss leads the Midwest League in wins (10) and strikeouts (119).
- Jesse Adams over his last 17 outings: 2-0, 2 Sv, 0.65 ERA, 27.2 IP, 2 R. He has not allowed a run since June 7, with 11 straight scoreless appearances.
- Joel Kuhnel has not allowed a run over his last eight appearances covering 11 innings.
- The Dragons are 2-3 on the current road trip. With a win today, they will claim their first road series victory since they swept a three-game set at Wisconsin May 5-7.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Tuesday, July 18: Do Not Play
Wednesday, July 19 (7:00 p.m.): Peoria LH Evan Kruczynski (1-1, 4.50) at Dayton RH Andrew Jordan (4-6, 4.74)
Thursday, July 20 (7:00 p.m.): Peoria RH Frederis Parra (1-3, 2.84) at Dayton RH Matt Blandino (1-2, 4.12)
Friday, July 21 (7:07 p.m.): Peoria RH Mike O'Reilly (9-2, 1.75) at Dayton LH Wennington Romero (3-7, 4.52) TV: Dayton's CW (26)
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.