Thursday, June 15, 2017 l Game # 67
Fifth Third Field l Dayton, Ohio l 7:00 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Great Lakes Loons (34-32) at Dayton Dragons (40-26)
RH Dustin May (3-3, 3.90) vs. RH Tony Santillan (4-2, 2.63)
Click here for the complete Dragons Press Box Notes packet.
Click here for the full Dragons Press Box Stats
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Great Lakes Loons (affiliate of the Los Angeles Dodgers) in the last game of a four-game series. Dayton is 2-1 in this series and 9-4 vs. Great Lakes this season (6-1 at Fifth Third Field).
Standings: The Dragons lead South Bend by one game in the East Division wildcard race (second place). The Dragons are three and one-half games behind West Michigan. The top two finishers in the first half qualify for post-season play. The Dragons have four games to play in the first half.
- Taylor Trammell is 8 for 18, .444 over his last five games.
- T.J. Friedl is third in the Midwest League in extra base hits with 31. He is batting .327 with seven extra base hits over his last 14 games.
- Scott Moss is tied for the Midwest League lead in wins (8) and leads the league in strikeouts (77).
- Ryan Hendrix has not allowed a base runner over his last five outings covering seven innings, notching four saves. Over Hendrix's last 16 outings, he has pitched 25.1 innings and allowed just two earned runs on nine hits. He is first among MWL relievers in strikeouts per 9 innings (58 SO in 33.1 IP).
- The Dragons are 25-10 at Fifth Third Field; 15-16 on the road. With a win tonight, they would break the club record for home wins in a half (25-10 in 2011, second half; 25-11 in 2007, first half).
- The Dragons are 18-2 at home when scoring the game's first run.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Friday, June 16 (7:05 p.m.): Dayton LH Scott Moss (8-2, 2.47) at Fort Wayne LH Logan Allen (4-3, 1.88)
Saturday, June 17 (7:05 p.m.): Dayton LH Wennington Romero (3-3, 3.82) at Fort Wayne RH Reggie Lawson (0-3, 5.87)
Sunday, June 18 (1:05 p.m.): Dayton LH Ty Boyles (2-1, 4.30) at Fort Wayne RH Pedro Avila (0-0, 7.94)
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.