Friday, June 16, 2017 l Game # 68
Parkview Field l Fort Wayne, Ind. l 7:05 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
LH Scott Moss (8-2, 2.47) vs. LH Logan Allen (4-3, 1.88)
Click here for the complete Press Box Notes packet.
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Fort Wayne TinCaps (affiliate of the San Diego Padres) in the first game of a three-game series that will conclude the first half. Dayton is 2-1 vs. Fort Wayne this season (previous games all at Fifth Third Field).
Standings: The Dragons lead South Bend and Lansing by one and one-half games in the East Division wildcard race (second place). The Dragons have three games to play in the first half. The Dragons would clinch a playoff spot by winning two of three games in Fort Wayne, or by winning one game in Fort Wayne combined with one loss each by both South Bend and Lansing.
- Taylor Trammell is 9 for 23, .391 over his last six games.
- T.J. Friedl is third in the Midwest League in extra base hits with 31. He is batting .340 with seven extra base hits over his last 15 games.
- Scott Moss is tied for the Midwest League lead in wins (8) and leads the league in strikeouts (77).
- Ryan Hendrix has not allowed a base runner over his last five outings covering seven innings, notching four saves. Over Hendrix's last 16 outings, he has pitched 25.1 innings and allowed just two earned runs on nine hits. He is first among MWL relievers in strikeouts per 9 innings (58 SO in 33.1 IP).
- Jesse Adams over his last seven outings: 2-0, 15.1 IP, 2 R.
- The Dragons are 25-11 at Fifth Third Field; 15-16 on the road. They tied the club record for home wins in a half (25-10 in 2011, second half; 25-11 in 2007, first half).
- For the year, the Dragons have allowed three runs or less in more than half their games (36 times in 67 games). They are 32-4 in those games.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Saturday, June 17 (7:05 p.m.): Dayton LH Wennington Romero (3-3, 3.82) at Fort Wayne RH Reggie Lawson (0-3, 5.87)
Sunday, June 18 (1:05 p.m.): Dayton LH Ty Boyles (2-1, 4.30) at Fort Wayne RH Pedro Avila (0-0, 7.94)
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.