Saturday, June 17, 2017 l Game # 69
Parkview Field l Fort Wayne, Ind. l 7:05 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
LH Wennington Romero (3-3, 3.82) vs. RH Reggie Lawson (0-3, 5.87)
Click here for the complete Press Box Notes packet.
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Fort Wayne TinCaps (affiliate of the San Diego Padres) in the second game of a three-game series that will conclude the first half. Dayton is 3-1 vs. Fort Wayne this season (previous games all at Fifth Third Field).
Clinched!: The Dragons clinched the Midwest League East Division wildcard spot last night with their win coupled with losses by both Lansing and South Bend. The Dragons will open a best-of-three playoff series with the West Michigan Whitecaps on Wednesday, September 6. Sites and game times have not been announced. The Dragons will make their first playoff appearance since 2011 and will go to the playoffs as a first half qualifier for the first time since 2007. The Dragons have made the playoffs as a first half qualifier for the third time in franchise history (previously in 2001, 2007).
- Taylor Trammell is 9 for 25, .360 over his last seven games.
- T.J. Friedl is tied for third in the Midwest League in extra base hits with 31. He is batting .328 with seven extra base hits over his last 16 games.
- Scott Moss leads the Midwest League in wins (9) and strikeouts (95).
- Ryan Hendrix has not allowed a base runner over his last six outings covering eight innings, notching five saves. Over Hendrix's last 17 outings, he has pitched 26.1 innings and allowed just two earned runs on nine hits. He is first among MWL relievers in strikeouts per 9 innings (61 SO in 34.1 IP).
- Jesse Adams over his last seven outings: 2-0, 15.1 IP, 2 R.
- With 41 wins, the Dragons have matched their second highest first half total in franchise history. They won 44 games in the first half in 2007 and 41 in 2001.
- The Dragons are 25-11 at Fifth Third Field; 16-16 on the road. They tied the club record for home wins in a half (25-10 in 2011, second half; 25-11 in 2007, first half).
- For the year, the Dragons have allowed three runs or less in more than half their games (37 times in 68 games). They are 33-4 in those games.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Sunday, June 18 (1:05 p.m.): Dayton LH Ty Boyles (2-1, 4.30) at Fort Wayne RH Pedro Avila (0-0, 7.94)
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.