Friday, May 19, 2017 l Game # 41
Fifth Third Field l Dayton, Ohio l 7:00 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Bowling Green Hot Rods (17-21) at Dayton Dragons (27-13)
RH Ethan Clark (1-0, 2.33) vs. RH Tony Santillan (2-2, 3.26)
Click here for the complete Dragons Press Box Notes packet.
Click here for the full Dragons Press Box Stats
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Bowling Green Hot Rods (affiliate of the Tampa Bay Rays) in the second game of a four-game series.
Streaks: Dayton is 16-4 over its last 20 games. Bowling Green has lost five of its last six games.
Standings: The Dragons are in first place in the East Division of the Midwest League. They lead second place West Michigan by one game and third place South Bend by one and one-half games. The top two finishers in the East Division will qualify for post-season play at the conclusion of the 70-game first half.
- Brantley Bell is batting .327 over his last 28 games (since April 18) to raise his average from .133 to .284.
- Tyler Stephenson is batting .303 over his last 26 games to raise his average from .219 to .279. He is second in the MWL lead in RBI with 29.
- James Vasquez is batting .323 with 4 HR over his last 20 games to raise his average from .138 to .264.
- Luis Gonzalez is batting .385 with a home run over his last 10 games.
- T.J. Friedl is batting .391 over his last seven games.
- Scott Moss leads the Midwest League in strikeouts with 57. Moss has won his last four starts.
- Ryan Hendrix is first among MWL relievers in strikeouts per 9 innings (39 SO in 19.2 IP). Over Hendrix's last six outings, he has pitched 11.2 scoreless innings, allowing just two hits.
- Andy Cox over his last six outings: 8 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 3 BB, 13 SO, 2 Sv.
- The Dragons have the most victories (27) in all of Minor League Baseball (120 teams currently in their seasons).
- The Dragons are 16-4 over their last 20 games. In the 16 wins, they have outscored their opponents 93-34.
- Since losing their first two home games of the season, the Dragons are 15-2 at Fifth Third Field.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Saturday, May 20 (7:07 p.m.): Bowling Green LH Kenny Rosenberg (0-2, 5.33) at Dayton LH Scott Moss (5-1, 2.20) TV: Dayton's CW (26)
Sunday, May 21 (2:07 p.m.): Bowling Green RH JD Busfield (3-2, 1.85) at Dayton LH Wennington Romero (3-1, 1.97) TV: Dayton's CW (26)
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.