Lenovo and the Durham Bulls are teaming up to award four (4) scholarships of $2,500 to a student from either Durham or Wake County planning to major in a STEM based field!
Applications can now be filled out at the link below. Applications must be submitted by Friday, June 2, 2023. The full list of rules and eligibility requirements can be viewed by scrolling down or viewed in PDF form by clicking here.
Section A. Selection Committee: Representatives from Lenovo and the Durham Bulls Baseball Club shall serve on the Lenovo STEM Scholarship Selection Committee.
Section B. Application: Applications for the Lenovo STEM Scholarship will be available online at www.DurhamBulls.com (Community section). Hardcopies are available upon request.
Section C. Eligibility: Applications for the scholarships shall be accepted from
- Residents of Durham and Wake counties.
- Those who have been accepted to and registered as first-year college students for the 2023-2024 school year (four-year or community college).
- Those who are planning to major in a STEM based field.
- Those who are no more than twenty-five (25) years of age at the time of the scholarship presentation.
- Those who are not Lenovo employees or immediate family members of Lenovo employees.
Section D. Scholarships Granted: Lenovo will award four (4) scholarships of $2,500 for one year only. Scholarships will be paid directly to the school in one installment after proof of acceptance and registration is received.
Section E. Scholarship Presentation: All recipients must attend the scholarship presentation on Thursday, July 25, 2023. Recipients and three (3) guests will receive tickets to the Durham Bulls game and dinner.
Section F. Required Documents: To be eligible for the Lenovo STEM Scholarship, an applicant must submit the following to the Selection Committee by Friday, June 2, 2023:
- An application for the scholarship (including 1 essay question)
- A resume of awards for STEM-related subjects or activities, significant honors, achievements, and extracurricular activities in grades 9-12, including leadership experience
- One letter of recommendation from a high school teacher/counselor/advisor (Those who completed high school before 2023 must submit one recommendation from an employer or community leader.)
- Other supporting documents or letters that may enhance the application
- An official high school transcript for grades 9-12
- A letter of acceptance from the student’s intended college/community college
Section G: Selection and Notification: Selection of recipients will take place in June 2023 with notification to follow by phone. (Finalists may be asked to participate in an interview with the Scholarship Selection Committee.) Applicants who are not selected will be notified by email.
Section H: DEADLINE: Completed applications (and supporting documents) must be submitted online, emailed, or postmarked no later than Friday, June 2, 2023.
EMAIL: Heather Hill – [email protected] OR
SEND to: Durham Bulls Athletic Park, Attn: Heather Hill 409 Blackwell Street, Durham, NC 27701