Carving Your Pumpkin
Be sure to use extreme care when working with sharp objects or flame. To carve your pumpkin, you can use a pumpkin-carving kit from your local grocery store. Or you can utilize common household items.
Possible Carving Tools
Spoon or ice cream scoop
Serrated knife (use caution)
Pin or nail (use caution)
Paring knife (use caution)
1. Cut a hole or lid in the top of your pumpkin and hollow it out using a spoon or ice cream scoop.
2. Tape the stencil securely to your pumpkin.
3. Using a nail, needle or toothpick, punch holes through the paper and the pumpkin, following the lines of the stencil.
4. Remove the stencil when finished.
5. Under the supervision of a parent or guardian, cut along the dotted lines you have made with the pin, nail or toothpick.
6. Light a small candle inside and replace the lid
Click here for designs:
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.