CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (June 22, 2018) - Righty Edgar Arredondo turned in a superb debut for the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, allowing two runs on one hit in five frames, but the Corpus Christi Hooks came away with a 4-0 win Friday night at Whataburger Field.BIG
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (June 22, 2018) - Righty Edgar Arredondo turned in a superb debut for the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, allowing two runs on one hit in five frames, but the Corpus Christi Hooks came away with a 4-0 win Friday night at Whataburger Field.
* Arredondo carried a no-hitter for 4 2/3 innings before allowing a two-run homer in the fifth inning.
* Between Arredondo, and relievers Brett Martin and Johnny Fasola, Riders pitching allowed just four hits Friday.
* The Riders had a baserunner reach in each of the first eight innings but were unable to push across any runs.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Edgar Arredondo: 5 IP, 1 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
* Brett Martin: 2 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
* Michael O'Neill: 2-for-4, 2B
NEWS AND NOTES
* Between his time with the Riders and Advanced-A Down East, Arredondo has a 0.89 in five road starts this season.
* The four hits allowed to Corpus Christi were tied for the second-fewest by Riders pitching this season.
Riders at Corpus Christi, 7:05 p.m.
Probables: RHP Jonathan Hernández (0-2, 10.00) vs. RHP Akeem Bostick (0-2, 3.09)
Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn Radio, First Pitch App
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 13 seasons (2005-2017). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 140 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis , Adrián González , Ian Kinsler and Neftalí Feliz , as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus , Rougned Odor and Nomar Mazara . For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at [email protected].