SPRINGDALE, Ark. (Aug. 30, 2019) - Jason Bahr tossed a gem in his final outing of the season, guiding the Riders to a 8-0 win over Northwest Arkansas Friday night. SYNOPSIS* Bahr worked seven scoreless innings, yielding just one hit while striking out eight to earn the win.* Juremi Profar homered
SPRINGDALE, Ark. (Aug. 30, 2019) - Jason Bahr tossed a gem in his final outing of the season, guiding the Riders to a 8-0 win over Northwest Arkansas Friday night.
* Bahr worked seven scoreless innings, yielding just one hit while striking out eight to earn the win.
* Juremi Profar homered twice, registering his second-career multi-homer game.
* The Riders opened up a 5-0 lead with a three-run sixth, highlighted by Profar's first homer and a two-run single from Alex Kowalczyk .
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Jason Bahr: 7 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 8 K (W)
* Juremi Profar: 3-for-5, 2 HR, 4 RBI
* Yonny Hernandez: 3-for-3, BB, 2 R
NEWS AND NOTES
* Bahr ended up with a 1.20 ERA over five starts during the month of August, lowering his season mark to 3.23.
* Profar is 6-for-16 with three homers and 10 RBIs in his last four games.
Riders at NW Arkansas, Saturday, doubleheader starting at 4:05 pm
RHP Ronald Herrera (2-5, 5.74) vs. RHP Brady Singer (6-3, 3.66)
Video: MiLB.tv ||| Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn, MiLB First Pitch app
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 15 seasons (2005-2019). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 160 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including current Rangers players Elvis Andrus, Nomar Mazara and Joey Gallo. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at [email protected].