FRISCO, Texas (April 10, 2018) - Behind a season-high 11 runs and 13 hits, the Frisco RoughRiders, Double-A affiliate of the Rangers, snagged an 11-4 win over the Springfield Cardinals in Tuesday's series finale at Dr Pepper Ballpark.
- The Riders took command of the game with a four-run fourth inning. Scott Heineman contributed a two-run single to get the scoring started, part of a seven-RBI series for the Riders outfielder.
- Frisco plated two runs each in the sixth, seventh and eighth innings to pad the lead and cruise to the series win.
- Four Riders hits collected two RBIs each: Heineman, Preston Beck, Tommy Joseph and Jose Trevino .
- Riders starter Richelson Pena picked up the win in his season debut, allowing just one run on five hits across his five innings of work.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
- Scott Heineman: 1-2, 2 RBI, 3 BB, 3 R
- Jose Trevino: 2-4, 2 RBI, 2 R
- Michael De Leon: 3-4, 2 R
- Richelson Pena: W, 5 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 6 K
NEWS AND NOTES
- Scott Heineman finished the three-game series against Springfield 6-8 with seven RBIs. He also earned five walks and scored four runs in the three-game set.
- Heineman also extended his hitting streak to five games in Tuesday's win.
- The Riders have their first off day of the season Wednesday before the season's initial road trip, which will stop through Tulsa and Springfield.
Riders at Tulsa, Thursday, 7:05 p.m.
Probables: RHP Collin Wiles (0-1, 9.00) vs. LHP Caleb Ferguson (0-0, 0.00 ERA)
Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn Radio, First Pitch App
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 13 seasons (2005-2017). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 140 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis , Adrian Gonzalez , Ian Kinsler and Neftali Feliz , as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus , Rougned Odor and Nomar Mazara . For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Art Garcia atAGarcia@RidersBaseball.com or Ryan Rouillard at RRouillard@RidersBaseball.com
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.