SAN ANTONIO, Texas (May 13, 2018) - After a quiet last few days at the plate, the Frisco RoughRiders, Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, unloaded for 10 runs on a season-high 16 hits in a 10-3 win over the San Antonio Missions Sunday afternoon at Wolff Stadium.BIG MOMENTS* The Riders scored
SAN ANTONIO, Texas (May 13, 2018) - After a quiet last few days at the plate, the Frisco RoughRiders, Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, unloaded for 10 runs on a season-high 16 hits in a 10-3 win over the San Antonio Missions Sunday afternoon at Wolff Stadium.
* The Riders scored at least one run in each of the first five innings to stake a 9-1 lead.
* Eliezer Álvarez hit a three-run run homer in the fourth and added a two-run single in the in the fifth. Alvarez finished the day 3-for-5 with five RBIs, falling one shy of career-highs in both hits and RBIs in a game.
* Starting pitcher Ariel Jurado registered his fourth consecutive quality start, allowing one run on six hits across six innings to pick up his first win of the season.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Eliezer Alvarez: 3-for-6, HR, 5 RBI, R
* Jose Trevino: 3-for-4, 3B, RBI, BB, 2 R
* Michael De Leon: 2-for-4, RBI, BB, R
* Ariel Jurado: 6 IP, 6 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 2 K (W)
NEWS AND NOTES
* Frisco's 10 runs Sunday were tied for the second-most in a game this year and the team's highest output since scoring 11 on April 10 vs. Springfield.
* Jose Trevino finished the series in San Antonio 5-for-9 with a triple, two home runs and five RBIs.
Riders at Midland, Monday, 6:30 p.m.
Probables: RHP Tyler Davis (0-2, 7.98) vs. RHP Ben Bracewell (2-3, 2.94)
Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn Radio, First Pitch App
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 13 seasons (2005-2017). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 140 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis , Adrián González , Ian Kinsler and Neftalí Feliz , as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus , Rougned Odor and Nomar Mazara . For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at [email protected]