FRISCO, Texas (Aug. 6, 2019) - After a quiet last few games at the plate, the Riders broke through Tuesday night, knocking off Corpus Christi 9-3.SYNOPSIS* The Riders scored in every inning between the third and seventh. Brendon Davis and Eliezer Álvarez each drove in three runs as part of the
FRISCO, Texas (Aug. 6, 2019) - After a quiet last few games at the plate, the Riders broke through Tuesday night, knocking off Corpus Christi 9-3.
* The Riders scored in every inning between the third and seventh. Brendon Davis and Eliezer Álvarez each drove in three runs as part of the barrage.
* Rehabbers Luke Farrell and Yohander Méndez each began their rehab assignments with the Riders Tuesday. Farrell allowed two runs in one inning of work while Mendez tossed two scoreless frames.
* Starter Ronald Herrera allowed just one unearned run across 4 2/3 innings, settling for a no-decision.
* The Riders tied a season-high for walks in a nine-inning game by drawing eight fee passes.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Brendon Davis: 2-for-2, 3 RBI, 2 BB, R
* Yohander Mendez: 2 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K (rehab)
* Luke Farrell: 1 IP, 1 H, 2 ER, 0 BB, 3 K (rehab)
NEWS AND NOTES
* Yonny Hernandez drew a walk for the seventh consecutive game and leads the league with 24 walks drawn since the conclusion of the All-Star break.
Riders vs. Corpus Christi, Wednesday, 7:05 pm
RHP Tyler Phillips (4-8, 5.86) vs. LHP Brett Adcock (1-7, 6.39)
Get your tickets here
Video: MiLB.tv ||| Audio: TuneIn, MiLB First Pitch app
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 14 seasons (2005-2018). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 150 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler and Neftalí Feliz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Joey Gallo, Isiah Kiner-Falefa and Rougned Odor. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at [email protected].