FRISCO, Texas (June 12, 2018) - Preston Beck delivered a splash hit home run on Super Splash Day at Dr Pepper Ballpark but the Frisco RoughRiders, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers, lost the series finale to the Midland RockHounds 11-3 Tuesday afternoon.
* Beck cut the RockHounds lead to 6-3 with a solo home run into the Choctaw Lazy River in the seventh.
* Michael O'Neill drove in rehabber Elvis Andrus with a triple in the third, cutting the Midland lead to 6-2.
* Midland jumped up 6-0 after three innings and capped the offensive outburst with a four-run ninth.
KEY RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Preston Beck: 2-for-3, HR, RBI, R
* Michael O'Neill: 2-for-4, 3B, BB, RBI
* Elvis Andrus: 1-for-4, R (rehab)
NEWS AND NOTES
* Andrus went 1-for-4 in the second game of his rehab assignment with the Riders.
* On his 26th birthday, O'Neill extended his on-base streak to 18 games with two hits and a walk.
Riders vs. San Antonio, Wednesday, 7:05 p.m.
Probables: RHP Richelson Pena (4-3, 2.52) vs. RHP Colin Rea (0-2, 8.27)
Tickets: Click here
Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn Radio, First Pitch App
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 13 seasons (2005-2017). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for two consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 140 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis , Adrian Gonzalez , Ian Kinsler and Neftali Feliz , as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Rougned Odor and Nomar Mazara . For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at RRouillard@RidersBaseball.com.
This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.