CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (May 14, 2019) - Clutch relief pitching and timely hitting down the stretch carried the RoughRiders to a 5-4 win over Corpus Christi in 10 innings Tuesday night at Whataburger Field.SYNOPSIS* Christian Lopes and Juremi Profar contributed two-out RBI singles in the 10th to put the Riders ahead
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (May 14, 2019) - Clutch relief pitching and timely hitting down the stretch carried the RoughRiders to a 5-4 win over Corpus Christi in 10 innings Tuesday night at Whataburger Field.
* Christian Lopes and Juremi Profar contributed two-out RBI singles in the 10th to put the Riders ahead for good.
* Reliever Peter Fairbanks worked out of a jam in the eighth, striking out consecutive hitters to escape a bases-loaded, one-out jam and keep the game tied. Fairbanks retired all five batters he faced, striking out four, to earn the win.
* Profar tied the game 3-3 with a two-run homer in the sixth.
* In his Double-A debut, Tyler Phillips allowed three runs on seven hits across five innings.
NOTABLE RIDERS PERFORMERS
* Tyler Phillips: 5 IP, 7 H, 3 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
* Peter Fairbanks: 1 2/3 IP, 0 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K (W)
* Juremi Profar: 3-for-5, HR, 3 RBI, R
NEWS AND NOTES
* Michael De Leon extended his hitting streak to seven games with a first-inning single.
* Fairbanks has retired all eight batters faced in his early tenure with the Riders, striking out six.
Riders at Corpus Christi, Wednesday, 6:15 pm
RHP Emerson Martinez (2-1, 5.35) vs. RHP Bryan Abreu (0-1, 8.00)
Video: MiLB.tv ||| Audio: RidersBaseball.com, TuneIn, MiLB First Pitch app
About the RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at beautiful Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco, Texas. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A franchises in attendance in each of the last 14 seasons (2005-2018). In August 2014, the RoughRiders were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg. Since then, the new ownership group, together with the City of Frisco, has spearheaded numerous major franchise enhancements, investing over $8 million in a wide array of facility upgrades and improvements, including a state-of-the-art HD video board, sound system, Bull Moose Saloon, InTouch Grille, Riders Outpost Team Store and the world's largest water feature in a sports facility, the massive Choctaw Lazy River. These enhancements earned the Riders and the City of Frisco Ballpark Digest's prestigious "Best Ballpark Renovation" award for xtwo consecutive years (2015 and 2016). More than 150 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Adrian Gonzalez, Ian Kinsler and Neftalí Feliz, as well as current Rangers stars Elvis Andrus, Joey Gallo, Isiah Kiner-Falefa and Rougned Odor. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please visit RidersBaseball.com or contact Ryan Rouillard at [email protected].